News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Soon to be Windows 10 disaster

Started by shankle, February 05, 2015, 01:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shankle

Cortana and the Cloud usage have ruined my expectations of Windows 10. Microsoft just can't
seem to learn.....
Of course this is my opinion which I have every right to.
Microsoft seems to want to tell you what you can do and will penalize you if you don't BxxxSxxx.
I never have wanted to have anything to do with the Cloud. Wait till the hackers find a way to
get access the Cloud!!!!! And our beloved government. What a wonderful way for them to snoop.
What's on my computer is my business and no one elses!!!!!!
Sorry for the rant. 

rrr314159

I am NaN ;)

anunitu

I also would give it a pass,if you had no control about being connected to the cloud. There was some talk a few years back with the cloud being even your OS,and you only would have enough system to connect,not to mention a yearly license thing..Never took off before,but wait and see if they don't try that approach.

shankle

Thank you Anunitu for replying.
I see you worry about the same things that I do.

Love your avatar. He played in a series 20 or so years ago that I loved to watch.
Something happened and I never found out how things ended. If I remember correctly,
he was a spy and they put in some kind of a camp and he spent his time trying
to find out who was number 1.

anunitu

The prisoner,and I believe it just ended with no "Finish", not unlike "twin peaks" both made no real sense as a series,but they were quirky..

anunitu

As to the Windows yearly subscription thing.

Microsoft trademarks Windows 365, subscriptions incoming?

http://www.geek.com/microsoft/microsoft-trademarks-windows-365-subscriptions-incoming-1615332/

This pretty much is just that..

rrr314159

Thanks shankle,
20 years? - actually, almost 50! The series was cancelled abruptly; Patrick McGoohan died 6 years ago; but he lives on as my avatar! I use him partly because I loved the show but mainly because I look just like him - saves me the trouble of a selfie. Put a touch of distinguished gray at the temples; a little more muscle, particularly around the chest; and sharp, GQ threads on the picture - that's me exactly 8)

The Prisoner presented a sobering view of the modern world, where faceless bureaucracy used soulless technology to reduce humans to mere numbers. But: here we are in the future (so to speak); and Cortana's Cloud, NSA, M$, predators, Iraq/Afghanistan/endless bombing etc is far worse than anything they dreamed of. Compared to this, "The Prisoner" is about as chillingly inhuman as mother's milk.
I am NaN ;)