News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

TEXTEQU problem

Started by mabdelouahab, February 04, 2015, 08:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mabdelouahab

hi rrr314159,i thank you but I make the macros for public use and not for personal use , and therefore the solution MODULE bounces

rrr314159

@mabdelouahab
From the solution you posted you're a lot more advanced than I realized; wasn't clear from previous posts; sorry for talking down to you! Well, u have to admit my solution worked, given what you'd told us so far - u didn't mention it was for public use. It's going to take a while to understand what you're doing here - yet another learning experience. Thanks for the lesson, and (assuming your solution holds up) congratulations!
I am NaN ;)

rrr314159

@mabdelouahab, not sure why you're allocating heap memory - unnecessary since compiler allocates memory for locals automatically? Your macros still work simplified:___DEF MACRO __arg:VARARG
IFNDEF Last___
Last___ = 0
ENDIF
Last___ = Last___ + 1

@CatStr(<__>,%Last___,<_TMP_ PROC>)
for Str_ , <&__arg>
% LOCAL Str_ :DWORD
endm
ENDM

___UnDEF MACRO
@CatStr(<__>,%Last___,<_TMP_ ENDP>)
ENDM
___DEF creates temp proc, with MyVar,A,B as locals; ___UnDef ends the proc. They must appear in pairs, can't be nested, can't be used inside a (regular) proc, can't have another ___DEF until the first one is completed with ___UnDEF.

Please take this comment in the friendly spirit it's offered: that's about the most useless trick I've seen in a long time! ... but, clever.
I am NaN ;)

mabdelouahab

I thank you rrr314159,
I do not know what does the word "suggest" exactly I think it means propose, I said:
Quote from: mabdelouahab on February 05, 2015, 07:36:05 PM
By using a trick , and the exploitation of the compilation , I suggest the following solution:
Someone may propose  "repeat 1", instead of  temp proc, or anything else, but I can't months something that I wasn't sure of it,
Two years ago now I programming with .net, but I'd love to control programming 100%, I have decided to work with MASM and now I make a library helps programmers users for MASM32 to use COM and NET Object in their software ,
Sometimes I am encountering problems trivial but essential,Then I turn to my dear Forum members who did not stop to help me, I thank everyone, And I admit that what I produce is made by all members of the Forum, and the result will appear in the near future
I reiterate my thanks to all Forum members :t
I am sorry for my English... :icon_redface:

rrr314159

@mabdelouahab,
Quote...I'd love to control programming 100%...
You have a great attitude  :t
QuoteI reiterate my thanks to all Forum members
me too! Especially qword
I am NaN ;)