News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

EC V1 editing freezes ?

Started by K_F, September 17, 2015, 05:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K_F

I don't think it's me this time..  :biggrin:..
It appeared in approx. the last 2 or 3 versions of EC.

Every now and then the editor freezes, but it's only when I'm switching between many child windows very frequently.
If I maximise the child windows, and switch between them from the Project Explorer window.. I don't get this problem.

It seems that mouse selecting one child window(non-maximised), from another .. creates the freeze, but it's not consistent though !

Edt: Before I forget... It has always happened when I've yet to save edits.. as I'm always losing editing changes... I now save every minute or so, to get around this.  ;)

System:
Win7 Pro.. SP1 (I think it is)
16GB ram
etc...
Plenty of disk space on 6 HDisks
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

rsala

Hi,

I am not aware of the editor freezing, but thanks anyway for reporting the issue. I will try to reproduce the effect and (if it happens to me) to fix it.

:t
EC coder

K_F

Ramon, I was thinking..

Does EC require any Windoze services to be running.. as I run a very restricted (minimised) amount of services.
Maybe this might be the cause.. ?
:biggrin:
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

rsala

Thanks for he suggestion!

It is an interesting point, but as far as I can think that should not affect to EC.

As you probably guess, I cannot make my EC v1 editor to freeze (my system is Win7-64 Home Premium SP1). :(

I'll keep trying...

EC coder

AssemblyChallenge

In my case it's still fine although I'm paying more atention to background's color  :lol: