Author Topic: BMI - Brain Machine Interface  (Read 3295 times)

dedndave

• Still using Abacus 2.0
    • DednDave
Re: BMI - Brain Machine Interface
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 04:43:19 AM »
"your eyes are getting heavy"
"you are getting sleepy"
"your zipper is down"
"you are losing the war"
"you want to surrender and go to Guantanamo"

:P

Zen

• slightly red-shifted
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 07:32:06 AM »
Psychics are just going to find this technology annoying.
...And, of course, low-budget conspiracy theorists can just stand in front of the mirror and hypnotize ourselves,...
Zen

oex

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 08:43:45 AM »
"These goggles represent more than just another gadget: they could well become the first example of military neuro-enhancement using what is called a brain-machine interface.

The potential impact of such technology, long the stuff of science fiction, has emerged in recent years as a subject for serious military experts. In fact, a 2008 report on neuro-enhancement by the Jasons, a group of elite scientists who advise the government on national security issues, warned of the “potential for abuses in carrying out such research, as well as serious concerns about where remediation leaves off and changing natural humanity begins.” While the US military would be less prone to abuses thanks to extensive laws and regulations, “the activities of adversarial forces, will not likely be similarly constrained,” they wrote.

Whether foreign adversaries are about to engage in a brain race is unclear, but interest in such technology is on the rise. Darpa has another brain-computer interface project that looks at using the P300 to help intelligence analysts sort through satellite imagery, and the commercial sector is also moving ahead. Entertainment companies are already marketing EEG caps that allow players to use their thoughts to control an avatar in a video game, though the commercial technology is much less sophisticated than the military system.

The technology is also being used to help “locked-in people,” or the severely disabled, communicate by using their brain signals to pick out letters and type. This application works by flashing letters in front of the person, and then recording letters based on the person’s brain signals. The idea is that if the brain is looking for the letter K, then "when you see the letter K, it generates a P300," says Deniz Erdogmus, an engineering professor at Northeastern University in Boston, who builds these systems. Practical applications are still five to 10 years away, but Erdogmus says that in lab experiments trained test subjects are scoring as high as 98%. “We can actually do it right now, it’s just a mater of fine tuning and making it field worthy,” he says."

I believe there is similar work attaching devices directly to the brain (ie underneath the skull) where a gell cap is not necessary and the signal is far stronger.... I think that this truely is frankenstein science and changes the parameters not only to selected areas of military and computer science but to life as we know it similarly but far beyond how the internet has changed society.... It's one of those devices (paradigm shifts I guess) by which if you are not connected you fall  behind but if you are connected we loose a little piece of our humanity.

Farabi

• Neuroscience Fans
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 04:51:53 PM »
Im waiting this machine to be mass produced. With a little modification, it will replace drugs, a dophamine rush machine wont hurt us dont we?
http://farabidatacenter.url.ph/MySoftware/
My 3D Game Engine Demo.

Contact me at Whatsapp: 6283818314165

Farabi

• Neuroscience Fans
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 07:03:38 PM »
Oooops , im mistaken with device which need a surgery. I saw a video of depressed which can alter her mood Through a wire.
http://farabidatacenter.url.ph/MySoftware/
My 3D Game Engine Demo.

Contact me at Whatsapp: 6283818314165

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 09:54:29 PM »
BMI - Butt Machine Interface...

Just imagine what will happen when a good butt walks by a soldier...

HUD Screen:- "Butt... Butt... Fzzzzt does not compute... Fzzzt... Access denied...  Shut down shut down.. Kaboom!! "

ah well!!  so much for a mans thoughts  :t
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'