Author Topic: Apple in space?  (Read 4751 times)

rrr314159

Re: Apple in space?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2015, 04:53:49 AM »
The word solipsism denotes the view that "self is all that can be known to exist"[/I] (according to online dictionary). I'm happy to say, then, I'm a solipsist. However the word connotes other things: that self is all that *does* exist (not, "can be known to exist"); that self (me) is all that matters, that I'm greedy, selfish, etc. I reject those connotations.
I am NaN ;)

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2015, 10:39:30 AM »
You appear to be doing Bishop Berkeley an injustice in not properly understanding his work or the criticism of it.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

rrr314159

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2015, 02:51:10 PM »
Quote from: hutch (this is the entire post)
You appear to be doing Bishop Berkeley an injustice in not properly understanding his work or the criticism of it.

Your logic is impeccable. Now, after your detailed explanation, I finally understand the good Bishop and the criticism thereof! U should have been a teacher. I yield to your brilliant argument, which clearly demonstrates masterful understanding of the issues. Congratulations!

p.s. My post doesn't mention Berkeley and has nothing to do with him
I am NaN ;)

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2015, 03:36:47 PM »
 :biggrin:

> Nonsense is nonsense, even from Wittgenstein. I'll bet u haven't even read Berkeley?

My senile decay is voluntary which means I can turn it on and off, yours appears to be the permanent variety.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy: