News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Couph syrup

Started by Magnum, June 22, 2015, 02:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnum

I have allergies that are resistant to all medications.

I looked up dextromethropan and found this.

QuoteRecreational use
Dextromethorphan gel capsules
Main article: Recreational use of dextromethorphan

Over-the-counter preparations containing dextromethorphan have been used in manners inconsistent with their labeling, often as a recreational drug.[9] At doses much higher than medically recommended, DXM and its major metabolite, dextrorphan, acts as an NMDA receptor antagonist, which produces effects similar to, yet distinct from, the dissociative hallucinogenic states created by other dissociative anaesthetics such as ketamine and phencyclidine.[10] It may produce distortions of the visual field - feelings of dissociation, distorted bodily perception, and excitement, as well as a loss of sense of time. Some users report stimulant-like euphoria, particularly in response to music. Dextromethorphan usually provides its recreational effects in a non-linear fashion, so that they are experienced in significantly varied stages. These stages are commonly referred to as "plateaus".[11]

The term "recreational use" is misleading.

It should be "Misuse of medication."
Take care,
                   Andy

Ubuntu-mate-18.04-desktop-amd64

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org

rrr314159

I am NaN ;)

Magnum

Can you give some details ?

When you are coughing so hard that you break a rib, you look for answers.

Take care,
                   Andy

Ubuntu-mate-18.04-desktop-amd64

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org

rrr314159

In cough syrup it's OK but don't use habitually - only when really needed. "Recreational" dose is maybe 100 times as much as cough syrup (you can look it up) and is very bad for you. If u must do that sort of thing ketamine does less damage; best stay away from all dissociative hallucinogens. Alcohol, or any "common" recreational drug is, relatively, harmless.

That article you quote is very irresponsible, to describe DXM without a strong warning re. health

[edit] Having thought about it actually I can't say you should limit cough syrup - I've used it myself with no (noticeable) ill effects. In large ("recreational") doses it's very bad, that's why I tend to recommend avoiding it in any form. I knew kids who started with a little cough syrup, liked it, and wound up f***ing themselves up bad. But, *moderate* use as cough syrup is probably Ok
I am NaN ;)