Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

An idea for automated backups

Started by K_F, June 29, 2015, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K_F

Hi Ramon,
I've just been thinking as my projects are getting larger by the minute...

It would be nice to have automated backups of the project being worked on. Sometime one forgets to backup and many a time I've had to backtrack.. :icon_eek: either from power outages or plain forgetfulness  :biggrin:

Envisaged:-
- Set two or three location paths for backup redundancy.
- A timer can be set.. anywhere from 1 to 60 minutes,  in minute increments.

I don't think it would be too much trouble to implement, maybe just a few extra options in the Tools-Settings tabs
plus a timer.

8)
Van
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

rsala

Hi Van,

I am currently developing Easy Code v2.0, using FASM, GOASM, JWASM, MASM and POASM (32-64 bits), and specially focused to build 64-bit applications (EC v1.0 compatible, of course). EC v2.0 already has an option to automatically save the project your working on. The interval (in minutes) that the project will be saved is set in the configuration tab.

Would that be enough?

Regards,

Ramon
EC coder

K_F

Hi Ramon.. that's good news

It's up to you though.. but it would be nice to have 3 locations for 'incremental' backups
- The main project location
- and two other locations at the same time. the idea is to place these locations on two different disk drives, providing a disk failure redundancy factor.

At the moment I back up all over the place when I remember - it take a bit of effort to keep control of this.. :biggrin:

'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

rsala

Hi Van,

Ok, I will add this feature to my todo list.  :t

Regards,

Ramon
EC coder

evlncrn8

possibly add an integration to svn / git might be an option

AssemblyChallenge

Hi.

How about the possibility of import/export the color themes ??  :greenclp:

Thank you.

PD: I have more bugs to report but as you seem too busy rigth now...  :lol:

rsala

Hi,

I am sorry but I have not been able to log in for a pair of days, so I could not answer before.

Quotepossibly add an integration to svn / git might be an option

I must confess I have no idea how to do that.

QuoteHow about the possibility of import/export the color themes ??

What do you exactly nean?

QuotePD: I have more bugs to report but as you seem too busy rigth now...

Please, report them.

Regards,

Ramon
EC coder

AssemblyChallenge

Hi Ramon  :bgrin:

Right now, you can modify your editor's color theme but it is embedded in the EasyCode.ini file.

In my humble opinion, it would be a great addition to EC if you could somehow save it for backup/sharing purposes.
I keep that file very safe because if it gets lost/damaged then would have to recreate the whole thing again.

Think, for example, a place on EasyCode's web site (or here at Masm  :bgrin:)  where people could share their color themes, including screenshots and stuff.

Regards.

rsala

Hi AssemblyChallenge,

Yes, that's a very good idea and I will take into account. However, what about using SVN (i.e. Tortoise SVN). That's what I do!

Regards,

Ramon
EC coder