Author Topic: Trump for president.  (Read 7362 times)

anunitu

Re: Trump for president.
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2015, 08:20:57 AM »
Be real,he would sell the whole country for beach front property...and then say "I am the richest person in the whole universe!"

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2015, 08:38:57 AM »
I'm sure he would  :badgrin:... Now be real.. you have no other choice.. other than going down the sewer :eusa_naughty:

OK reality..  Do you think for one moment that he'd get away with that... that same story which he's currently criticizing the present polititians ?
He'd be taken apart by the curlys.... Nope.. he's a smart cookie.. don't underestimate him  ;)
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

rrr314159

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2015, 09:59:49 AM »
I watched some of that video, never seen Trump b4. In fact I still haven't seen a speech by any other pres candidate - shows how much I care about national politics. Anyway, I like what he says, for the most part. Only exception, he wants to "take out" ISIS - I don't, in fact I rather approve of ISIS. And, the most important issue facing US is wealth inequality, which Trump doesn't mention - seems he's in favor of it, actually. His main message is, US is behaving stupidly, giving away money, jobs, benefits to everyone - illegal immigrants, China, etc. We need a "tough negotiator" in the White House. Makes sense.

the question what he would actually do if president is somewhat irrelevant. The pres doesn't have the powers that he imagines. Talks about "charging Mexico $100,000 for every illegal", and "charging Ford 35% tariff for every part made in Mexico" - pres can't unilaterally do such things, need Congress etc. Meanwhile any federal judge can negate anything the pres does in 5 minutes - call it unconstitutional. So he seems to have a lot to learn about pres powers.

Perhaps he wouldn't even try, just start stealing as much money as he can. Who knows, who cares? The race is not about substance, rather it's about the message. If any candidate says the things I want to hear (#1, take back the money stolen by hedge fund managers) - I'll vote for him/her even if I know certainly they're lying. If elected it would show what the American sheeple actually want - it's publicity for the cause. If the person elected actually does (rather, tries to do) what they say, that's great. But even if not, the message still got out there.

Notwithstanding Trump, Alfred E. Neumann is still my preferred candidate; unfortunately according to the polls he doesn't have a chance.
I am NaN ;)

MichaelW

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2015, 12:22:28 PM »
Alfred ran as a write-in candidate in 1956, so 2016-1956+35=95.
Well Microsoft, here’s another nice mess you’ve gotten us into.

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2015, 01:18:07 PM »
Alfred ran as a write-in candidate in 1956, so 2016-1956+35=95.

Konrad Adenauer was 86 when he resigned in 1963, Giorgio Napolitano was almost 90 when he handed over. So don't discredit Alfred on grounds of age, please :eusa_naughty:

Magnum

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2015, 03:41:40 PM »
Trump is an arrogant person.

I think Pat Paulson would be a much better president.

Take care,
                   Andy

Ubuntu-mate-16.04-desktop-amd64

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2015, 05:34:38 PM »

He is.. but he does it with such style and justification that it makes great TV. Other polititians are overshadowed by this  :icon_mrgreen:
Come to think of it, the only time I've seen such arrogance from leaders is when they're in dictatorship mode.. Kim, Hitler..Bush... but at least the USA has checks like Congress and other houses.

When I first saw the link, I thought I'd give it 5 minutes..... I watched the whole d.mm thing... :dazzled:
 :biggrin:
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

xanatose

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2015, 05:07:43 AM »

I thought that was a requirement for the position. Is not wise to have a sheep to deal with wolves. Much less when dealing with a bear and a dragon.

cman

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2015, 02:47:46 AM »
I think Trump ( and his counterpart on the Left , Bernie Sanders ) are basically "protest candidates".  Voters from either base ( Democratic and Republican ) agree with at least some of what these people say , but deep down know these candidates are unelectable in a general election.  Trump is entertaining  , however ( he is so over-the-top arrogant that he reminds me of a "heel" from a professional wrestling program  :biggrin: ).

anunitu

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2015, 10:54:11 AM »
Our new candidate for Prez,got the right attitude anyway.

MichaelW

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2015, 01:13:56 PM »

And consider what a good negotiator he could be.

Well Microsoft, here’s another nice mess you’ve gotten us into.

xanatose

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2015, 02:55:44 PM »

Why would anyone want Bush for president again?

Stan

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2015, 03:56:08 AM »
BUSH?
I thought that was Hilliary.
I gotta get a new monitor, when JEB becomes prez.

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
Fantastic news!!!
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2015, 08:10:05 PM »
Poll: Trump surges to big lead in GOP presidential race

Businessman Donald Trump surged into the lead for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination, with almost twice the support of his closest rival, just as he ignited a new controversy after making disparaging remarks about Sen. John McCain’s Vietnam War service, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

Trump was the favorite of 24 percent ... Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, who announced his candidacy a week ago, is in second place, at 13 percent, followed by former Florida governor Jeb Bush, at 12 percent.

Zen

• slightly red-shifted
Imagine if you will,...
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2015, 04:04:49 AM »
Imagine if you will,...:icon_eek:

Donald Trump gets elected President of the United States,...
Everywhere he goes, at all times of the day and night,...he has the Nuclear Football in close proximity, in case of a nuclear attack,...

...Then, it is revealed that Donald Trump is in actuality a deep-cover KGB agent,...:dazzled:
Zen