News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

jWasm for DOS version 2.13 for testing

Started by Gunther, July 24, 2015, 01:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunther

I've successful compiled jWasm for DOS, version 2.13. It supports now AVX and AVX2 - thank you, Habran for the excellent work.

JWASM.EXE runs in DOS 32bit protected-mode. It requires a 80386 cpu and needs a MS-DOS v5 compatible DOS to run. Long filenames (LFN) are supported. It won't run on 64-bit Windows.

I've tested the EXE under plain DOS and under virtual machines (VMWare and VirtualBox). The EXE is compiled with gcc for DOS, version 4.7.3.

Habran is currently working on a major update, which supports AVX512 etc. He'll need a bit time for that. My contribution was very small. I did only help a bit by the compilation. I'll try next to compile the BSD and Linux version. Probably I can provide a bit Web space for downloading the binaries and sources, but that will take a little while.

Some test reports for version 2.13 would be fine. Have fun.

Gunther
You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

FORTRANS

Hi,

Tested trivially, and it seems to work.  Is there something you
are looking for?

Regards,

Steve N.

Gunther

Steve,

thank you for testing. Habran included the new AVX and AVX2 instructions into that version. By the way, I've forwarded a PM to you.

Gunther

nidud

deleted

Gunther

Hi nidud,

Quote from: nidud on August 01, 2015, 06:54:16 AM
These errors may be related to changes done by habran, so new EXP files should be made from a bug-free version to verify these results.

thank you for doing the regression test.  :t Good job. I hope that Habran will read your post, because I've onle made the compilation. I'll forward a PM to him for sure.

Gunther

Gunther

Hi nidud,

I've done some communication with Habran via PM. He's very occupied with finishing the AVX512 material. That's not so easy (all the new registers and instructions). After that he'll fine tuning the entire assembler.

Gunther