News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Line numbers damaged in portrait mode (bug 3).

Started by AssemblyChallenge, August 04, 2015, 03:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AssemblyChallenge

Hi Ramon.

Also, in portrait mode you could fall into this scenario, where the line numbers get damaged/bad rendered. I think this is easier to replicate if you open EC first and then change to portrait mode after. IMO, EC is somehow not expecting a screen rotation once you open it. In any case, look what happens in the images attached. Maximize/resize EC, add/remove line numbers doesn't help, of course.

Regards.

PD: Still, very happy with EC :bgrin: :bgrin: and looking forward to the next version :icon14:  How about a beta, screenshots or something ??  :greenclp:

rsala

Sorry and thanks for the report. I will see what I can do.

Regards,

Ramon
EC coder

rsala

I am really sorry, but when I change to portrait mode (with EC already open), I can see the final lines perfectly well. Nothing to do with the images you attached.
EC coder

AssemblyChallenge

The computer where I do most part of development has a Radeon APU. Not sure if windows API rendering could be affected by video card's drivers although -in my experience from years- this is unlikely because it only happens in EC and only in the line numbers part. A video fault would be noted in other apps too, with some -different- pattern(s).

Again, the problem just comes up whenever he wants  :lol:

AssemblyChallenge

What a coincidence! As I keep open the new version of EC you gave me before (changing color bug). I tried adding/removing line numbers and this was the result (attached file). The most interesting detail now is that I didn't rotate the screen into portrait mode for a couple of weeks, also, the computer has been restarted/turned off several times too.

Any new instance of EC that I open, new visual project, etc fails exactly as shown.

Hope it helps  :t

rsala

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

Unfortunately, once again, I cannot get the effect you report. After testing and testing, and adding/removing line numbers, it works perfectly well.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what to do.
EC coder

AssemblyChallenge

I have the latest (1.07.0.07) version of EC.

Closed every instance of EC (0.8 you sent me) and reopened creating an empty visual project (show line numbers activated). As soon as I click in the code button you get the problem.

Then, did the same with original (0.7) and failed too.

Opened EC for Go (obviously 0.7) and it renders line numbers fine.

Hope it helps.

rsala

Thanks for the info and the image!

I will see what I can do.

Regards.
EC coder

rsala

Hi AssemblyChallenge,

Could you please send me the "INI" file you commonly use for Easy Code?

Thanks in advance!

Ramon

EC coder

AssemblyChallenge

Hi Ramon.

There you go, both EasyCode.ini files (Go and Ms).

Regards.

rsala

Hi AssemblyChallenge,

Thank you very much for the "ini" files!

I am trying to do all possible testing in order to find out the bug.

Regards.
EC coder

rsala

Good news!

I finally could see the effect you reported using your "EasyCode.ini" file. Now I have to find out why it happens.

I will let you know the results.

Regards and thanks again.
EC coder

rsala

Well, I finally found the bug! It was related to the font face and size. In your EasyCode.ini (masm) you have a font size of 12, while in your EasyCode.ini (goasm) you have a font size of 10. The font size 10 does not fail, but the font size 12 does (just for Fixedsys font face). This was due to a calculation I did in the Easy Code sources without taking into account whether the result was a negative number. At the moment this has been fixed in the attach executable (for EasyCode.Ms), but it has to fixed for EasyCode.Go too. Using the attached executable, you do not have to modify anithing in your ini file.

I do not know if it has something to do, but would you please check out if this new executable also solves the portrait mode problem?

Thank you very much for your help!

Regards,

Ramon
EC coder

AssemblyChallenge

Sr, yes Sr! problem solved!  :icon_mrgreen:    :greenclp:

Already tried setting a huge font size and works Ok.

Maybe the other bug with ending lines could be related? As soon as I can will try to test it too.

Further testing on EC will allways be with this 0.9 version from now on.

Thank you!

rsala

EC coder