News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Not a bug.. but a question :)

Started by K_F, August 06, 2015, 05:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K_F

I've made changes to my files.. and recompiled with this error.

ECExterns.inc(193) : error A2008: syntax error : mov

Is this an internal syntax error or my problem. So far I haven't seen any problems with my MOV instructions.. but I'll carry on looking :)
Maybe it's an idea not to delete these temp files so one can track the problems easier.

thanks
van

Edt: Narrowed it down this this module.. maybe I'm going blind!!  :icon_eek:
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

AssemblyChallenge

Hi.

There is a ton of code in that file. What kind of project are you working on (console, visual, etc) ?
Because I cant compile it by itself. Maybe you should post the line(s) of code with the error as A2008 normally means you messed up  ;)

TouEnMasm

I agree
I's a little difficult,to follow the problem
You speak of a problem in
QuoteECExterns.inc(193) : error A2008: syntax error : mov
and you give winfft.ecw ?
Fa is a musical note to play with CL

K_F

Ja.. it's a fairly large project.. This is one of 15 modules.
This doesn't seem to be a coding problem but something peculiar to EC.

Before I started making changes to this module, it compiled OK.. and thought Ramon might have a clue.

If I remove this module.. EC compiles normally (with the errors related to this missing module)
With this modified module the error pops up... the error changes wrt to what I comment out too.

But it's always the ECExterns.inc file, which is a temporary file created on compiling - which makes me think it's internal to EC.

If it's OK with you guys... I'd prefer to keep the whole project under wraps for the time being.. thus I only uploaded the problem module.
I'll work on it... no choice really!! :icon_mrgreen:

rsala

Hi K_F,

Sorry for the inconveniences!

The ECExterns.inc temporary file just includes the "externdef" sentences for variables and procedures from other modules. As it is created for every window/module to be compiled, it is always rewritten when there is more than one window/module.

However, I have seen an error in the WinFFT.ecw file you attach but I do not have the whole project so I do not know whether that is the problem. There is the CreateWinsFilter procedure in line 4274:

CreateWinsFilter      Proc   ptr_DataLO:Dword, ptr_DataHI:Dword, <---- note the final comma

EC thinks there are more parameters because of the comma and links (joins?) the next line. I will try to control this, but at the moment you should remove that comma and try again.

Hope it can help!

Ramon

EC coder

K_F

Yup.. I'm as blind as a bat... :icon_redface:
Thanks Ramon...

I knew I was being stupid somewhere.. just couldn't see it !!
Sorry to be a pest.. :biggrin:

rsala

That's great! I'm glad you solved the problem!

The question is that ECExterns.inc is compiled before the module, that is why it fires the error first. In a classic project, that is, without ECExterns.inc, the ml.exe compiler would fire the error at the wrong line. I'm trying to minimize the "ECExterns effect".

Regards,

Ramon
EC coder