Author Topic: My poor old Belkin router just gave up the ghost. :)  (Read 1338 times)

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
My poor old Belkin router just gave up the ghost. :)
« on: August 27, 2015, 09:11:47 PM »
I had reflashed it a couple of times over the years but this time it seemed terminal so I had to set up the new spare I have had sitting around for some years and seem to be in action again. Funny enough after chasing up my ISP technical support, they are also sending me a new ADSL2+ router for free so I will still have a new spare. Does all of the normal stuff, NAT, firewall etc ... and seems to have a more intelligible interface than the old Belkin. I guess they are happy to give them away because the optical fibre network is the leading edge device when it become available in my area and the old ADSL routers will no longer be of any use.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
Re: My poor old Belkin router just gave up the ghost. :)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 10:34:53 PM »
Funny, I would never have dared to write "my router gave up the ghost" because "gab den Geist auf" is so terribly German. Good to know.

I have a TP-Link ADSL2+ Modem Router that works well, but its handshake with the ISP takes a few Trillion cycles or so - about one minute. The old one was a little bit faster, but still, knowing very well how fast things could work, it always surprises me that they can be so incredibly slow ::)

Vortex

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 02:22:34 AM »
Hi Hutch,

How long did you use your old Belkin ADSL router?

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 09:11:34 AM »
Erol,

I think about 8 or 9 years. I have used the same one since ADSL2+ became available here.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy: