Author Topic: Even conservatives wonder what Romney is hiding.  (Read 42758 times)

npnw

Re: Even conservatives wonder what Romney is hiding.
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2012, 04:51:08 AM »
Grand Theft? Tax Evasion? Rich Has 32$ Trillion In Offshore Havens

http://egbertowillies.com/2012/07/22/grand-theft-tax-evasion-rich-has-32-trillion-in-offshore-havens/

Romney & Son Investigated for 8 Billion Ponzi Scheme

http://www.politicolnews.com/romney-son-investigated-for-8-billion-ponzi-scheme/

Mitt Romney and his son Tagg Romney have been implicated in a 8.5 billion dollar ponzi scheme with Wall Street investors Allen Stanford and James M. Davis.

The pair are not cleared including their three partners in a court document verified, ongoing legal proceeding involving selling fraudulent CD’s to potential investors.

Mitt Romney and Son Tagg in 2008 invested in Allen Stanford’s ponzi scheme to the tune of 10 million dollars initially in Solamere Capital a seed investment and received 1 million in returns.

Despite claims by Tagg and Mitt Romney the investigation is still “ongoing” and the profits from Stanford and Solemere were unreported by Tagg Romney.

He also did possess a minority stake in the business with Spencer Zwick and Eric Scheuermann.

Spencer Zwich is Mitt Romney’s Chief Fundraiser. Investors in Stanford have not recovered their money, and the assets are still in receivership and frozen until the case is resolved. A total of 8.5 billion dollars is still unaccounted for and the billion dollar Ponzi scheme lays at Mitt Romney’s feet for his and his son’s investment partners who were all involved.

Do we care now?  :biggrin:

Bill Cravener

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2012, 04:54:05 AM »
It's not the left and right wing nuts you should be worrying yourself about, their votes cancel each other out.

Worried? Who’s worried? Come next year I’m taking early retirement and once Obamacare kicks in I’ll be paying one third the cost for health care that I’m paying now. Keep in mind that it’s the electoral vote that counts and most polls have President Obama way ahead of Romney. I know many Republicans who can’t stand Romney and they tell me they will just set this one out. Want to place a bit on who the next president will be? I’m confident it will be a second term for President Obama!

http://core.talkingpointsmemo.com/election/scoreboard

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2012/romney-vs-obama-electoral-map

http://projects.wsj.com/campaign2012/maps/?mod=wsj_streaming_campaign-2012-continuous-coverage#r=pres&v=states

Bill Cravener

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2012, 04:58:14 AM »
Do we care now?  :biggrin:

npnw,

It's quite obvious why Romney won't show the public his tax returns. :biggrin:

Ryan

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2012, 05:00:20 AM »
Want to place a bit on who the next president will be? I’m confident it will be a second term for President Obama!
I'll do a shr on that bit  :P

clive

• Toolsmith and Assembler coder (x86,ARM,MIPS,68K)
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2012, 11:53:16 PM »
Quote from: npnw
Do we care now?
No not really, you might, I'm not a voter, or a conservative, I don't have a horse in this race. Americans vote for alleged crooks all the time, look at the Kennedy's, got to be some bodies and foreign banks there. Kerry, foreign banks, and preferential tax shopping and avoidance there. Having crap in your family closest, or your own, is not a barrier to entry. Being convicted might be, but that should be done in a court of law, not in the court of public opinion. The media make a big thing about drug use, most people I know don't care, yet this horse gets draged out over and over.

I don't think much of the hyperbole, it's going to come down to whether people want 4 more years of what they've had, or something else. America will survive whatever choice is made, it's the people that make the country, not the politicians. The failure of the Euro will do a bunch of damage, more than most realize, will it make it to November? Will that change the playing field? Now I say 4 more years, I think we can safely agree we're at least 6-8 years into this thicket, the question comes down to if "Forward" gets us out the other side in 2-4 years or if we're still 6-8 years in ANY direction to escape. If he gets re-elected there's going to be a lot of "Change", he'll have a mandate and all the sweeteners used to get there can be dispensed with. More taxes and expenses for everyone, not just your +$250K neighbours, what recourse will you have? Mix in some capital flight, and business closures, and you'll have a real party.

Bill Clinton would be a slam dunk, people would change the constitution to get the dude back, Obama's going to be tight, he could win the popular vote, and still lose the electoral college.

Yes Bill, I'd take the other side of that, that he fails to get the electoral college votes he needs to be president for a second term. I'll get $50 to the Obama campaign if he wins a second term, gambling on the internet being illegal, and all.

Tax returns will be dull, declarations to the treasury might be more enlightening as you need to be much more transparent on what you have control over there. Same with campaign disclosures. College transcripts and admission documents, probably also quite dull, Not even sure lying on your resume or admission papers is a crime, federal loans perhaps, if you mailed something? If you dig too hard on the taxes, people will ask questions about SSN irregularities, do nothing jobs, and land deals. A lot of people lie or embellish the truth, I'm sure there is linen neither side wants aired.

Bottom line, Obama's going to say what he needs to get elected, Romney will do what he said when he's elected. You decide which is the most dangerous.
It's a pity the clowns in Washington DC don't understand the Constitution as well as Edward Snowden

Bill Cravener

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2012, 12:58:50 AM »
No not really, you might, I'm not a voter, or a conservative

I thought you were a Brit who moved here and became an American? And you say you do not vote?

As to Romney he’s no different then any other political figure, they say whatever best gets them elected. He’s a master at the flip-flop, I’ll give him that. Shame for the right side that Romney’s always sticking his foot in his mouth and the more people know of this guy the less he’s liked even by his own side. It’s already over and the Republican Super Pac’s can spend as many millions as they like they are just throwing money away.

I wish I could meet you in person clive and place that $50 bet with a handshake, as it stands we will have to agree on an imaginary virtual bet on who the next president will be. I’m very confident it will be President Obama. :biggrin:

Bill Cravener

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 01:51:08 AM »

Bill Cravener

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2012, 08:57:54 PM »
 :icon14:

(CNN) - President Barack Obama has a majority of voters backing him in three critical battleground states, according to a survey released Wednesday.
Poll: Obama over 50% in Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania

Bill Cravener

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2012, 08:37:17 PM »
 :icon14:
A new poll from the Pew Research Center shows one of the biggest national leads for President Obama since the general election campaign began in earnest — a 10 point lead, 51 percent to presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney’s 41 percent.
Pew: Obama Expands National Lead To 10 Points, Romney Image Wanes

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2012, 10:54:12 PM »
Sounds like you are on a winner there Bill.  :icon14:
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

Bill Cravener

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2012, 12:04:13 AM »
Steve, the closer we get the better it looks! :biggrin:

npnw

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2012, 09:54:16 AM »
Bill,

The one thing we have to worry about is voter suppression.  Hopefully it won't ha ppen, but it does affect the outcome... such as Ohio.  There was a article at The Rachel Maddow Show  where people were waiting 10 hours or more to vote. It seemed the Republicans reduced the number of voting stations in Democratic areas so people couldn't vote, or had to wait all day to vote.  Now they have reduced early voting by 3 days.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/ns/msnbc_tv-rachel_maddow_show/#48476598

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2012, 08:25:27 PM »
Just read in a German online journal that Clint Eastwood supports Romney, hoping he would care for a more just tax system. The comments ranged from "Clint is making fun of Romney" to (here) "old age senility is a serious issue and one should not laugh at these people just because they do confuse things"... ::)

Bill Cravener

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2012, 08:42:50 PM »
It’s by hook or crook with the republicans. Here in PA they want a photo id requirement in order for a person to be permitted to vote. Thing is 1.3 million eligible Pennsylvania voters lack such ID and many are elderly. President Obama has an 11 point lead in the polls here in PA and the republicans hate that fact.

Pennsylvania voter ID law case draws to a close

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2012, 08:51:01 PM »
Bill,

I have heard about this in republican controlled states, try and exclude people from voting because they are poor, have limited services or old. This is something that needs to be changed in the US, in OZ voting is compulsory so we don't suffer any of that abuse of democracy. By it being compulsory it removes many of the tricks where lobbyists can motivate a narrow section of society to vote over some particular issue and skew the results.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy: