News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Can EC1 and EC2 co-exist ?

Started by K_F, October 16, 2015, 05:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K_F

I take it that they cannot exist together as my projects in EC1 are going for a ball... problems are getting progressively worse ?
I'll have to move the EC1 stuff over ?
;)
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

rsala

They should co-exist without problems (I have them both), but EC 1 projects must be loaded with EC 1 IDE. If loaded with EC 2 they are converted to the new format and, after conversion, they cannot be loaded with EC 1.

Anyway, you can convert EC 1 projects to EC 2 if you like.
EC coder

K_F

Thanks.. I'm recovering my lost (sanity  :icon_mrgreen:).

I made a single memory allocation change in one module.. and it it bombed... so I reverted back to the original.. but that didn't fix it  :icon_eek:
then the problem progressed from one module to another as I tried to locate where the problem was with dedug macros.... and the spiral spin got even tighter.. :biggrin:

Now two days later.. I've reverted to window/module specific heap handlers, instead of the global one.. which is now working. I must now 're-correct' my memory management before I catch Alzheimers.. :redface:.

I noticed my EC1 help file became unreadable after installing EC2... could be the file associations.. so thought maybe EC2 setup was interfering.

A quick note on EC2 help menu.. We can't bring up the Masm32 help files anymore... Library, Instruction set... etc...
It might be and idea to include FPU, MMX.. etc help file links as well.
:t

'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

rsala

QuoteI noticed my EC1 help file became unreadable after installing EC2...

That has no sense, unless the help file is blocked (or damaged). Right-click it, in the context menu choose 'Properties' and then click the 'Unblock' button.

QuoteA quick note on EC2 help menu.. We can't bring up the Masm32 help files anymore... Library, Instruction set... etc...

Well, EC2 is not Masm dedicated (as EC1 was), but I will see what I can do.

EC coder