Author Topic: America and our love for guns!  (Read 73269 times)

dedndave

• Still using Abacus 2.0
    • DednDave
Re: America and our love for guns!
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2012, 07:21:04 PM »
lol
i woke up - no sense lying in bed if you're not asleep
thought i'd get up and work on some icons i am making   :P

Farabi

• Neuroscience Fans
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2012, 07:46:05 PM »
Why there is lots of people doing rampage and killing lots of peopel. Trying to understand their motivation would help us to avoid such an event to occuring again.
http://farabidatacenter.url.ph/MySoftware/
My 3D Game Engine Demo.

Contact me at Whatsapp: 6283818314165

Ghandi

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2012, 11:09:41 PM »
Thanks Dave i do try. :)

Honestly though home invasion with firearms isn't something i hear about where i've lived except for maybe the odd story about a drug pusher being robbed at gunpoint and despite the fact i can see the good points of having a firearm at hand to defend myself or my family, i cannot say that i believe it is something which should have to happen.

Without rambling on and on like i usually would, personally i don't think that every person is capable or responsible enough to keep a firearm and the pitfalls would outweigh the merits if we're going to keep it as an overall thing, this is still only my opinion and i accept that it might be skewed or wrong.

HR,
Ghandi

xanatose

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2012, 11:09:57 PM »
Maybe is has to do with the ratification of the UN small arms treaty which is the 27. Obama needs 2 votes in the senate.

Given the Fast and the Furious fiasco, is not unconceivable that this was a false flag in order to take away the 2nd amendment.

Dictators always disarm the population first.

Bill Cravener

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2012, 01:02:31 AM »
The continuing nonsense I’m hearing that if only more people had guns perhaps this event could have been less tragic is ludicrous. What we are just beginning to see from nuts like James Holmes is the fact that crazy people who intend on mass killings are becoming aware that the public may be themselves carrying guns and are, as this nut job did, wearing full protective body armor. This crazy bastard was dressed in full riot gear including a helmet. I don’t care how many hand gun owners that might have been at that theater it would be near impossible to have dropped the guy other then a lucky shot thru the eye. One more thing, I find it incredible that this crazy nut purchased his thousands of rounds of ammunition and chemicals over the internet of all places.

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2012, 03:22:23 AM »
Dictators always disarm the population first.

Yeah! David Cameron is the worst case imho (even the police is unarmed :dazzled:).

Firearm deaths, per 100,000 population:
United States     14.24
United Kingdom   0.43

P.S.: Or was it Tony Blair? Churchill? Gosh I'm so confused :redface:

dedndave

• Still using Abacus 2.0
    • DednDave
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2012, 05:50:56 AM »
they must have a good crime rate, though - lol
the bobbies are armed with a stick and a whistle

hear my whistle - so you know where i am hiding
here's my stick so you can beat me to death with it - lol
i might be more afraid of a woman with a purse

MichaelW

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2012, 05:58:20 AM »
I don’t care how many hand gun owners that might have been at that theater it would be near impossible to have dropped the guy other then a lucky shot thru the eye.

He had other body parts exposed than just his eyes. For example, shooting him anywhere in the face would likely have stopped him, even if he ultimately might have survived the injuries.
Well Microsoft, here’s another nice mess you’ve gotten us into.

dedndave

• Still using Abacus 2.0
    • DednDave
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2012, 07:10:56 AM »
i think if you hit a guy in the chest that is wearing kevlar...
...at least with a .357, .41, or .45...
it will knock him down / hurt like hell / shake him up a bit
probably long enough to over-power him
maybe not so much with a .32, .38, or 9mm
something to be said for muzzle energy   :P

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2012, 03:49:50 PM »
Here i a link that makes the connection between guns and deaths as clear as mud.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence

Some countries have high firearm death rates, some don't but the over-riding factor is that homicides continue to occur without firearms. Cave men bashed each other to death, progress had people hacking each other to death and with the advent of firearms, that added shooting each other to the previous list.

Stabbings, bashings, poisonings, electrocutions, drownings don't go off with a BANG but people still end up really DEAD. I wonder if they are less dead or had more fun being killed because they were not shot ?
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin:

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2012, 05:59:32 PM »
Here i a link that makes the connection between guns and deaths as clear as mud.

Good link! Here are two graphs that make it even clearer.

Rate of Homicide per 100,000 People (any method)
Rate of Gun Homicide per 100,000 People

mywan

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2012, 07:56:16 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence
Clicking the header of the "Intentional homicides by country" allows you to sort by category. Sorting either by "Firearm homicide rate" or "Non-firearm homicide rate" still pretty much randomizes the list specifying whether citizens may own guns or not. If you sort by the highest homicide rates 3 of the top 10 and 9 of the top 20 nations with the highest homicide rates are nations where citizens are not allowed to own guns. 4 out of the 10 nations with the highest homicide with firearms are nations which citizens are not allowed to own guns.

I would say mud is quiet clear by comparison...
Also, it gets really tiring reading pages giving US verses <name a country> death by gun statistics without mentioning population differences. Then switching to absolute numbers when giving US only numbers. In fact it often seems nearly impossible to give statistics in so many different ways without giving any numbers that can be cross referenced with each other without more numbers. Yet many articles manage just this. It can be nothing less than down right deceit. Lies, damn lies, and statistics. (It's not the fault of the statistics)

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2012, 08:09:31 PM »
Sorting either by "Firearm homicide rate" or "Non-firearm homicide rate" still pretty much randomizes the list specifying whether citizens may own guns or not.
Wikipedia pretends that UK citizens are among those who are allowed to carry guns:
England & Wales[30]    8    0.12    1.33    1.45    Yes [29]

Also, it gets really tiring reading pages giving US verses <name a country> death by gun statistics without mentioning population differences.

The graphs above are normalised, i.e. per 100,000 population.

xanatose

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2012, 08:49:42 PM »
Of course those statistics fail to take into account the #1 cause for civilians murders.  Which are governments themselves. Of course, when government does it, is not called murder. But collateral damage, execution, etc.

Say what you might. But fast and the furious proved that this government have no problem breaking the law in order to ban guns. Thereof the possibility of a false flag is real. Specially 7 days before the voting for the ratification of the UN small arms treaty.

So there is:
- A motive, getting the small arms treaty ratified. A clever way to pass over the 2nd amendment of the constitution.
- Opportunity.
- Willingness to commit a crime. (aka Fast and Furious).

Is this proof of a false flag? NO! Just because it was convenient, doesn't mean is a false flag. It just means that the possibility of a false flag, should not yet be taken out of the table.

1. Gas canisters thrown from 2 sides of the theater at the same time.
2. Theater doors open only when pushed from the inside, not the outside. No signs of force entry and the alarm on the door was not set. Proving that it was opened from the inside.
3. Witnesses speak of a second person.
4. Police not going to search for another suspects, even if #1, #2 and #3 suggest at least one more person.
5. Suspect surrenders himself quietly and cooperates with the police.

Too many questions, too little answers.

Bill Cravener

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2012, 09:04:27 PM »
The mindset of an American gun loving parent.