Author Topic: Brexit?  (Read 6097 times)

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
Re: Brexit?
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2016, 02:48:06 PM »
I basically see the EU as a big banking based scam where control of the entire economy of Europe was subject to centralised control by Brussels. It has impacted badly on the economies of Portugal, Italy, Greece, Spain, a range of Baltic countries as well as the UK and the only beneficiaries were the industrialised countries like Germany and to a lesser degree France but in both cases only their already very rich while decimating the middle class. Driving the starving masses into serfdom may be a Bilderberger aspiration but as the general European population wake up to the scam, the resistance is growing.

The penny dropped for me when Barossa was gloating about being able to override the votes of entire country populations when they did not support what the EU wanted. With the UK out, perhaps Greece will follow and a host of other countries being impoverished by EU policy. Europe used to be a great place and a tourist destination for people from around the world. Another gain from the demise of the EU will be the end of NATO, a clapped out anacronism from the cold war era that should have been disbanded when the Warsaw pact collapsed.

There is no reason why Europe should not have good relations with Russia that includes economic and military security issues. Communism is dead in Russia and if the collapse of the EU continues, Fascism will die out in Europe leaving room for sensible negotiations between all parties involved.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin:

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2016, 06:19:28 PM »
Hutch,

I was just joking about the cookies :P

The European Union was and is a good idea. We have had over seventy years of peace over here, with a notable exception in the not-so-United Kingdom (you know, that union of Great Britain and Northern Ireland that just voted to leave the EU).

Main problem is that it's no longer the union of Schuman, Churchill, Hallstein, De Gasperi, Delors and other fathers of Europe. Delors had a vision, he was the architect of a better Europe, but among his followers, the Italian guy was doing ok but two other ones were known more for their serious alcohol problems than for having brilliant political ideas. Besides, in recent decades Europe (and everybody else) is under the attack from the financial sector (sitting in London and NY), and from a handful of big industrial players. National governments and the EC are not in the best positions to defend their citizens, plus it is not always clear if they really want to defend them (google for amazon juncker or barroso latsis to get an idea...). Nonetheless, I am still convinced that the great majority of the EU apparatus in Brussels believe in what they are doing, and try their best to make Europe a better place than, for example, the U.S.

Re NATO, I agree. Putin is not the nicest guy on Earth, but this map speaks a clear language, too (btw @anunitu: never seen that logo before ::)).

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2016, 06:57:01 PM »
Hutch ...for EU Overlord:badgrin:
 ;)
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

rrr314159

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2016, 07:32:40 PM »
jj2007: The European Union was and is a good idea. We have had over seventy years of peace over here ...

That period of peace has nothing to do with EU, which has existed only the last 23 years and done nothing for your defense posture.
I am NaN ;)

nidud

• https://github.com/nidud/asmc
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2016, 08:28:31 PM »
That period of peace has nothing to do with EU, which has existed only the last 23 years and done nothing for your defense posture.

:biggrin:

Yes, because if everybody has a gun nobody gets shoot  :lol:

But true: the main concern/cause of conflict in the EU is the Euro.

BTW, is there a fixed date on the Texas referendum for independence?

anunitu

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2016, 08:54:03 PM »
Hutch,

Re NATO, I agree. Putin is not the nicest guy on Earth, but this map speaks a clear language, too (btw @anunitu: never seen that logo before ::)).

I hadn't ether,why I thought at first it was for the US.

nidud

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2016, 09:01:47 PM »
Another factor that may have influence the vote:

xanatose

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2016, 12:37:14 AM »

That must be the best endorsement for Leaving.

mineiro

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2016, 08:59:31 AM »
Brexit = Brazil exit  :greenclp:
I'd rather be this ambulant metamorphosis than to have that old opinion about everything

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2016, 11:33:51 AM »
xanatose,

Could not have said it better myself.  :t
hutch at movsd dot com

rrr314159

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2016, 11:56:32 AM »
Yes, because if everybody has a gun nobody gets shoot

No, but at least you can shoot back

Quote from: nidud
But true: the main concern/cause of conflict in the EU is the Euro.

Economics is just a distraction, violence is trumps

Quote from: nidud
BTW, is there a fixed date on the Texas referendum for independence?

Don't know, but it doesn't matter, secession is illegal anyway

Analyze what happened to US middle class since 1973 or so (and probably UK also), follow the money, see where it went.
Of course giving such advice to Euridiots is like spitting into the wind
The only advice you'll actually heed is: party while you still can, let later generations pay for it
I am NaN ;)

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2016, 12:29:00 PM »

> The only advice you'll actually heed is: party while you still can, let later generations pay for it

There is an alternative to this view, have every country default and the later generation will not have to pay for it. If the resistance is too high, take the French approach, chop their heads off.  :P

This is of course where "Economics is just a distraction, violence is trumps".
hutch at movsd dot com

nidud

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2016, 07:26:27 PM »
No, but at least you can shoot back

Or even better you can shoot first  :lol:

Economics is just a distraction, violence is trumps

The reason why people take to the streets has everything to do with economics. Here’s the current recruitment base in Europe (youth unemployment):

That was also the case in Sweden but we did it anyway. Now there’s an independent state called Norway  :P

Analyze what happened to US middle class since 1973 or so (and probably UK also), follow the money, see where it went.

Well, some revolt against the system others just line-up outside the soup kitch..s: see what happened a few decades before that.

Of course giving such advice to Euridiots is like spitting into the wind
The only advice you'll actually heed is: party while you still can, let later generations pay for it

Think you find that the Euridiots have a tendency to press the reset button from time to time. Read some history.

xanatose

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2016, 07:25:54 PM »

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." -- 10th amendment constitution of the united state.

Since no part of the constitution grants the federal government the power to keep states in the union against its will. Is left to the states and the people of the states to decide. If Texas decide for a TEXIT, there is no lawful argument to stop it.

Legal = Business Law.

Lawful = Constitution.

Since its a mater of political power, the decision is on lawful/unlawful case. The legal/illegal does not apply.

Is not lawful for the Federal government to stop Texas from leaving the Union, as they are not granted that power anywhere in the constitution. However is certainly lawful for Texas to leave the union.  As the decision is left for the states and the people of the states.

Of course that does not mean that they will not attack Texas if Texans vote for leaving. The same way they attacked the south the moment they did the same. Just that is not lawful to do so. After all that would require a republic where the constitution is actually obeyed by the Federal Government.

rrr314159

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2016, 07:38:38 PM »
Sorry xanatose the Civil War made the constitution obsolete, archaic, ignored, useless, and ineffective - a dead letter - overtaken by events - of historical and antiquarian interest only. The sword is mightier than the pen.
I am NaN ;)