Author Topic: Brexit?  (Read 7184 times)

caballero

• Abre Ojos Ensamblador
Re: Brexit?
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2017, 09:12:28 PM »
Games of Thrones begins. The Brexit has been activated, 52.000 millions of pounds has stimated the EU as the doubt for the UK. If the European Union remains, which is not assured, since more and more people start to want to leave, UK should play alone against an union, not the same as centuries before. Another thing would be if the EU finally breaks, then the picture would be quite different.

I think the mistake was to associate the union with immigration. The latter is based on the fait accompli, decided so by those who rule in Europe, since there was never a referendum to eliminate the external borders of the union.

Many countries of the union expect to receive companies from the city of London, since the big market is now outside. The best option for England would be to lower taxes on companies so they do not leave. Will they do it?

To this is added the uncertainty at the borders of the union, particularly in Gibraltar which has provoked a great stir in the tabloid press.

What a mess. See how everything is done in the best way possible.

Anyway, it's interesting. We probably live on the brink of great changes in Europe, I do not think it is a stable system.
En un lugar de la Mancha de cuyo nombre no quiero acordarme

anunitu

« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2017, 09:24:21 PM »
Kind of interesting that the whole EU thing was an attempt to create a model of the United States with countries that have had a long history of fighting each other. The US has evolved kind of organically over a long period of time.  My take is the EU was more about revenue of their economy rather than peace and cohesion for moral reasons. The saying "You can't make a silk purse from a pigs ear" is brought to mind.

caballero

• Abre Ojos Ensamblador
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2017, 09:40:53 PM »
I still think that the EU was/is a great idea, the problem is that it has been perverted by those who decide and rule.

The centers of world power will be located in North America, Southeast Asia and Europe. All of them great markets. If Europe were divided it would cease to be a great market, the problem now facing England.

Europe as a whole has faced great challenges, such as a space project, Airbus, etc.

A united Europe can treat the other two great centers of world power on the level of friendship, divided does not have enough strength for it, will have to adapt to what others decide.

In addition to not asking people on relevant issues like the outer edges, in my opinion there has been dishonest behavior from the southern countries, spending more than they generate. Coupled with the historical confrontations between these countries creates a breeding ground for Euroscepticism.

anunitu

« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2017, 09:56:09 PM »
Indeed,if they checked,the US has had a checkered history even with the slow evolution to where we are now(civil war,wars of expansion,the whole native American thing, slavery, racism,in some cases attempted genocide and abuse in the form of the Tuskegee syphilis incident     

Link here. https://www.infoplease.com/us/race-population/tuskegee-syphilis-experiment

Not always a good image for the US as a moral leader in our world.

Remember I was born in the US,and love my country,BUT would never lie or cover up our blemishes. We do have a checkered past..

caballero

• Abre Ojos Ensamblador
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2017, 10:07:48 PM »
> Remember I was born in the US,and love my country,BUT would never lie or cover up our blemishes. We do have a checkered past.

Yes, the same for me and my country. I think you can not really want it if you blind yourself to its imperfections. The only way to fix something is to recognize it first.

I just criticized my country saying that it has not been completely honest about spending.