Main Menu

linking nasm with RadAsm

Started by N_Masm, May 01, 2016, 03:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N_Masm

Hi EveryOne  ::)

i build Nasm Code manually ,
nasm -f win Nasm.asm
link.exe Nasm.obj /subsystem:windows /entry:WinMain  /nodefaultlib kernel32.lib user32.lib /largeaddressaware:no

but i need to link nasm with RadAsm,

See Image:

How/what can i change here?

fearless

you can just edit the text boxes to reflect the resource compiler you want to use and the linker:

you could just edit it to use rc.exe:

4,0,$B\RC,1

or if you dont need a resource compiler, just untick the Compile RC checkbox

for the linker you might have put something like:
5,O,$B\link ,5 /subsystem:windows /entry:WinMain  /nodefaultlib kernel32.lib user32.lib /largeaddressaware:no

or to link with resource as well:
5,O,$B\link ,5,4 /subsystem:windows /entry:WinMain  /nodefaultlib kernel32.lib user32.lib /largeaddressaware:no

I think - the 5 in the above linker line represents the obj file - main name of project with .obj appended to it, so if your project is called myproj then it will replace 5 with myproj.obj when the linker gets the command line. the 4 represents the .res file (if using resource compiler)

if that doesnt work (not entirely sure of the , placement) try:
5,O,$B\link 5 /subsystem:windows /entry:WinMain  /nodefaultlib kernel32.lib user32.lib /largeaddressaware:no

or for with the rc:
5,O,$B\link 5,4 /subsystem:windows /entry:WinMain  /nodefaultlib kernel32.lib user32.lib /largeaddressaware:no

for the nasm assembler line you can try (the 2 stands for the project name with .asm appended to it so for a project called nasm it becomes nasm.asm):
3,O,$B\Nasm -f win,2

Theses entries can be modified once you create a project from the Project->Project Options menu, which shows up a dialog that essentially displays similar textboxes for the command line parameters. Might have to play around with them slightly to suit for what the nasm style assembler and linker requires for its command line parameters.

Hope that helps.

N_Masm

thank you thank you very much fearless , i will try it