News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Easy Code 2.0 crashes when using specific key combination

Started by Raccoon, June 12, 2016, 06:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raccoon

Apologies if this is not the proper place to report bugs, but after having looked around for any other way to submit a bug report and coming up empty, I decided, based on the other possible bugs discussed here, that this was my best bet. ^^;

That said, Easy Code 2.0 crashes whenever I use the "Function (Fn) + Up / Down" key combination to adjust the volume levels on my laptop.
From my testing, this only occurs when the code editor is open and does not occur with other similar key combinations like "Function (Fn) + Left / Right".

Here is the content of the message displayed by Windows upon Easy Code crashing:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   EasyCode.exe
  Application Version:   2.0.0.15
  Application Timestamp:   57416d26
  Fault Module Name:   ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version:   6.1.7601.18247
  Fault Module Timestamp:   521ea8e7
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   0002220f
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   e8ad
  Additional Information 2:   e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863
  Additional Information 3:   e8ad
  Additional Information 4:   e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863

Screenshot taken after crashing Easy Code while debugging:

This is the only real issue I've encountered so far in my first week and a half using Easy Code and everything else has worked wonderfully, so thank you; I've found Easy Code to be quite useful so far haha. ^^

rsala

Hi Raccoon,

Thanks for using Easy Code and sorry for the inconveniences! Please give me some time to find and fix that bug since I do not have a computer with the "Function" key.

Regards.
EC coder

Raccoon

Of course, take your time. ^^ I just wanted to make sure that this little bug was made known, but thankfully I save often enough that, when I have accidentally crashed Easy Code like this, I haven't lost any work yet haha.

If there's any other information I could provide that might be of use to you, feel free to let me know.
Have you considered just simulating the input that crashes Easy Code so that you wouldn't need physical access to a keyboard with the "Function (Fn)" key?

rsala

Hi Racoon,

I could finally find the problem and solve it. The "Fn + Up / Down" sends a WM_APPCOMMAND which was not properly processed by EC. So, I rebuild the two executables (32/64 bit versions) with the bug fixed. Please download them at:

http://easycode.cat/English/Download/EasyCodeExes.zip

Thank you very much for your help!

Regards,

Ramon
EC coder

Raccoon

That's great, I'm glad you were able to sort this one out without too much trouble. ^^
I grabbed the newly built executables and can confirm that everything's working fine now.

Thank you, Ramon. ^^