Author Topic: Hutch,advice on finding an install DVD for win7  (Read 1240 times)

anunitu

Hutch,advice on finding an install DVD for win7
« on: June 14, 2016, 02:27:25 AM »
Ok,I want to buy an install DVD for win7 that needs no registration and I think you mentioned it going for like 4-5 hundred.
I want to know what it is called,Enterprise? perhaps. I will not upgrade to 10,but I need to know the version like you mentioned for win7.

So please any info would be good.

anunitu

Re: Hutch,advice on finding an install DVD for win7
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 02:29:57 AM »
Ok,found the reference

quote:
When I paid over $400.00 AU for Win 7 64 bit Ultimate retail...I will search for that,and thanks for mentioning it.

anunitu

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 02:41:03 AM »
From searching,I would believe there are a LOT of bogus stuff for sale online.

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 10:07:22 AM »
I hate to tell you this but I tried for over a year to get a legal copy of Win7 64 Ultimate retail (not OEM) and could not get one. Plenty of scams around, I got one on eBay and had to go through Paypal to get the money back. It held me up for nearly 2 years building a new machine.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin:

anunitu

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 02:14:57 PM »
Yeh,when searching I found a lot of stories of Bogas stuff.

npnw

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 02:49:01 PM »
Thanks but its a couple of years too late. What I was after was a Win7 64 ultimate retail version, the same as the one on my Win7 box and they just disappeared. OEM and similar have restrictions on re-installs and as I build my own computers, I need an installable version. I have Win10 on the current box, don't really like it but it works OK most of the time.
hutch at movsd dot com

npnw

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 12:22:54 AM »
Hutch,

Didn't know if it would help or not.  Thought maybe he had a different way of looking into the licensing that might work for you. Such is life bud, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Have a great day.

Restrictions on re-installs. He talks about downgrading, so if you ordered a win 8.1 you could then install the win 7 64 ultimate version?  Not sure how this works exactly, but that was one of his techniques he was talking about it. Now how you would get a win 7 ultimate version I don't know. He was saying you had to talk to Microsoft?  Wonder if you sent him an email or something? Maybe he would have a contact that would be able to help. If you still needed it for development work, website, etc.

Anyway I see from the Nasa atmosphere  satellite that Australia has some of the cleanest air on the planet! None of that 400 ppm carbon dioxide that us northern hemisphere produces.

NPNW

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 02:12:49 AM »
 :biggrin:

> Anyway I see from the Nasa atmosphere  satellite that Australia has some of the cleanest air on the planet! None of that 400 ppm carbon dioxide that us northern hemisphere produces.

This is just southern hemisphere, most land masses are northern hemisphere, below equator you have part of Africa, much of south America, some of Indonesia and Australia as well as some smaller islands like the Kiwis and a few Pacific islands but the vast majority is water. Just below OZ you have the roaring 40s which are a ton of fun in the winter but nothing like the raging 50s further down. We own Heard Island but it was only ever inhabited seasonally by American whalers in the 19th century.
hutch at movsd dot com

Magnum

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 03:11:45 AM »
Since the subject is Win 7.

I have a new system coming that will have Win 7.

I look forward (I hope) to learn how to use it.

First thing is to install never10. :-)

Hutch mentioned Paypal.

---------------------
Gripe coming.

---------------------

When I make a purchase using Paypal, the money comes out of my account in less than 15 minutes.

Someone sent some money to my Paypal account.

I asked Paypal to send the money to my account which they have the details for.

The money never showed up.

They said they did not have my account info.

Funny, how could they debit my account for purchases on Ebay if they did not have the info.

Then I asked to get a checked mailed to me.

$1.50

Came a week later.

Good news. :-)

-----------------------------

I just received an Acer monitor.

I was very impressed that in addition to a VGA cable, they also sent a DMI cable. :-)

And a colonoscopy came back with great news.

No polyps.

Won't need another one for 5 years.

Take care,
                   Andy

Ubuntu-mate-16.04-desktop-amd64

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org

npnw

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 04:26:24 AM »
Hutch,
https://www.visualstudio.com/products/subscriber-benefits-vs#AdditionalPageSections_1

Software and services

Access thousands of Microsoft products

Subscriptions include the most comprehensive library of Microsoft software with access to past, present, and future software. Simple per-user licensing enables you to install and use the software as much as you need for your development projects. And cloud-use rights give you increased flexibility to set up your environments the way you want.

This would be a way to get a copy of any Microsoft product. Probably expensive, but.... if you really needed it.

NPNW