Author Topic: NeHe Tutorial in masm64  (Read 147 times)

Mikl__

Re: NeHe Tutorial in masm64
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2020, 07:36:37 PM »
Lesson #16: Cool Looking Fog
It's a pretty short tutorial aimed at teaching you the art of fog. You'll learn how to use 3 different fog filters, how to change the color of the fog, and how to set how far into the screen the fog starts and how far into the screen it ends.
There are asm\bmp\exe-files and cursor in the attachment
Interaction:
  • pressing "L" or "l" for turn on/off light
  • pressing "F" or "f" for select texture filter
  • pressing "G" or "g" for select fog filter
  • pressing "Page Up"/"Page Down" for increases/decrease the variable z and moves the cube the z variable and moves the cube towards/away from the viewer
  • pressing "Arrow Left"/"Arrow Right" for increase/decrease x-rotation speed
  • pressing "Arrow Up"/"Arrow Down" for increase/decrease y-rotation speed
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 04:10:34 PM by Mikl__ »

Mikl__

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2020, 08:12:13 PM »
Lesson #18: Quadrics
In this tutorial you will learn how to write any character or phrase you want to the screen using texture mapped quads. You will learn how to read one of 256 different characters from a 256x256 texture map, and finally I (NeHe) will show you how to place each character on the screen using pixels rather than units. Even if you're not interested in drawing 2D texture mapped characters to the screen, there is lots to learn from this tutorial. Definitely worth reading!
There are asm\bmp\exe-files and cursor in the attachment
Interaction:
  • pressing "space" for create complex objects such as sphere, discs, cylinder, cone
  • pressing "L" or "l" for turn on/ off light
  • pressing "F" or "f" for select texture filter
  • pressing "Page Up"/"Page Down" for increases/decrease the variable z and moves the cube the z variable and moves the cube towards/away from the viewer
  • pressing "Arrow Left"/"Arrow Right" for increase/decrease x-rotation speed
  • pressing "Arrow Up"/"Arrow Down" for increase/decrease y-rotation speed
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 08:47:00 AM by Mikl__ »

Mikl__

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2020, 09:02:26 PM »
Lesson #36: Radial Blur & Rendering To A Texture
This tutorial will show you how to create an extremely impressive Radial Blur effect. It should run fast on just about every type of hardware, and does not require the use of extensions. This tutorial will also teach you how to render to a texture using the off-screen buffer. A topic I'm sure many of you are interested in! It's important to note that there is very little explanation of the GL commands. By now you should know what they do!
There are asm-\exe-files and cursor in the attachment
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 10:24:45 AM by Mikl__ »

Mikl__

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2020, 11:38:01 AM »
Lesson #17: 2D-Texture Font
In this tutorial you will learn how to write any character or phrase you want to the screen using texture mapped quads. You will learn how to read one of 256 different characters from a 256x256 texture map, and finally I (NeHe) will show you how to place each character on the screen using pixels rather than units. Even if you're not interested in drawing 2D-texture mapped characters to the screen, there is lots to learn from this tutorial. Definitely worth reading!
There are asm-\bmp-\exe-files and cursor in the attachment
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 01:43:21 PM by Mikl__ »

Mikl__

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2020, 10:46:02 PM »
Lesson #10: Loading and Moving Through a 3D-World

In this lesson you will learn how to load a 3D world from a data file, and move through the 3D world. The tutorial only explains the NEW code used to load the 3D scene, and move around inside the 3D world. Download asm-code, and follow through it as you read the tutorial. Keys to try out are Blend, Filtering, Lighting (light does not move with the scene however), Left/Right/Up/Down Arrow, and Page Up/Page Down.

http://nehe.gamedev.net/tutorial/loading_and_moving_through_a_3d_world/22003/

There are asm-\exe-files, cursor, mud.bmp for texture and world.txt in the attachment

If you have any questions, then do not hesitate and ask me. I will explain as much as I can
« Last Edit: Today at 10:20:49 AM by Mikl__ »