Author Topic: Ireland  (Read 1613 times)

caballero

• abre ojos ensamblador
Ireland
« on: July 14, 2016, 06:49:19 PM »
I just read a report indicating that Ireland's GDP increased by 26.30% in 2015 compared to 2014. The key seems to be low taxes and little interventionism, with prospects that this will continue over time. Consumption has increased by 4.5% and low debt from 94% to 79% of GDP. Low taxes attract much foreign investment, which in many cases fleeing from high tax rates.

I can only say: spectacular
En un lugar de la Mancha de cuyo nombre no quiero acordarme

- There are 10 kind of people: those who know binary numbers and those who don't -

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
Re: Ireland
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 10:45:14 PM »
I can only say: spectacular

Absolutely. However, such spectacular reports should be read carefully line by line 8)

The Central Statistics Office said factors in the huge jump in the 2015 GDP figure included an increase in the number of aircraft imported for international leasing and the reclassification of entire balance sheets, for example through corporate inversions.

Corporate inversions involve companies seeking to cut their tax bills by redomiciling overseas

caballero

• abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 05:22:34 PM »
I keep hearing very worrying news from Italian banks. There seems to be 18% of bad loans. If the Italian financial system falls, it can be a real bomb for Europe. Can be the Europe's third largest economy rescued? They talk about making removes to debt holders, of which 40% are Italians themselves, which further worsen their situation. With the aggravating circumstance that the new political parties, increasingly booming, propose more spending.

Do you know anything of that, JJ? Is it really so worrisome?

- There are 10 kind of people: those who know binary numbers and those who don't -

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 07:53:35 PM »
They talk about making removes to debt holders, of which 40% are Italians themselves, which further worsen their situation.

Check the logic: are the debt holders the same persons that cannot pay back their debt?

Besides, the fact that the share of domestic debt holders is high is a sign of stability. Indeed, the main reason why you hear "worrying news from Italian banks" is that London & Wall Street want to scare the markets, and then buy Italian banks at a cheap price. I really hope the Italian government can resist this attack 8)

caballero

• abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 08:07:52 PM »
i hope everything is going well :t

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 08:09:59 PM »
In the 1929 crash you heard talk of raining stockbrokers, I wonder if it can be arranged with modern merchant bankers ?
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin: