Author Topic: Did the man really land the moon?  (Read 5944 times)

caballero

• Abre Ojos Ensamblador
Did the man really land the moon?
« on: September 05, 2016, 10:45:02 PM »
I have discussed this subject recently with some friends and all of them are convinced of that, while I am convinced of the opposite. What do you think?

There are many stranger subjects around this question and I think that the stronger is the next: I can believe that we can send a ship to the moon, what I can't believe is that we are able to get it back. When you see a ship flying to the space, it has to be in a determinate position to achieve scape from the Earth attraction and almost everything of the ship is just fuel that is burned to win the propulsion. Where are all of this when the ship has landed the moon?

We have to frame this "anecdote" at 1969 within an arms race between the USA and the USSR, when this had already made significant achievements in the space race.
En un lugar de la Mancha de cuyo nombre no quiero acordarme

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
Re: Did the man really land the moon?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 11:59:33 PM »
"the ship" did not land the moon. It was just a small lander that needed to come back to the ship in orbit.

GoneFishing

• Gone fishing
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 12:10:03 AM »
I'd recommend  you to watch a movie "Moonwalkers "
Rofling garanteed  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: 

P.S.: One Russian blogger, space exploration enthusiast ,  explained his views on this subject in this post . The article title translated in English is "Moon landing conspiracy as an aptitude test" .

caballero

• Abre Ojos Ensamblador
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 12:57:50 AM »
Yes GoneFishing, I have translated the text and I think we agree more or less. The fact is that, it even happened to the history books as an indubitable fact. But I see the pictures of "the small lander" and astronauts, as jj says, and I can not understand how it's done off it from there to return to Earth unless it is a flying saucer with antigravity.

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 04:18:24 AM »
I am old enough to have watched it first time around live long before the common computer era and there was nothing phony about it.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin:

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 04:27:33 AM »
I see the pictures of "the small lander"

The command module in orbit: Launch mass 28,800 kg

rrr314159

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 04:35:05 AM »
caballero asked: "Did the man really land [on] the moon?"

Yes.
I am NaN ;)

HSE

• <AMD>< 7-32>
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 04:54:04 AM »
Only Australia saw good transmission of first landing...  from the moon!!  :t

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 05:42:54 AM »
 :biggrin:

Yep, in black and white television.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin:

cman

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 10:05:29 AM »
The American TV series "Mythbusters" covered this topic in one episode: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2m7k1z . Might be an interesting watch , if you've never seen it.  :biggrin:

MichaelW

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2016, 03:40:26 PM »
Getting back was the easier part. The escape velocity for the Earth is 4.7 times higher than the escape velocity for the Moon. In my quick search I didn't find a mass for the landing module, the ascent module, or the command module, but the mass that was ultimately returned to the Earth was only a tiny fraction of the launch mass. I didn't have time to verify this, but I believe the gross mass (including fuel) for the Saturn V rocket was 2,970,000 kg.
Well Microsoft, here’s another nice mess you’ve gotten us into.

caballero

• Abre Ojos Ensamblador
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2016, 06:07:06 PM »
I see a big difference between the launching of Saturn V and the Moon lander bearing in mind that this module also needed a big mass of fuel to land without crashing, where are the fuel tanks that store enough liquid to escape from the lunar attraction?

If I'm not wrong, with the arts available to us so far, in addition to the propulsive force, it is needed some degree of tilt to escape from the gravity force. I don't see any of that in the images of the moon.

If I'm not wrong the moon has no atmosphere, no air. However, the American flag appears to be waved by the wind

There are many other theories who doubt this episode, many of them have been disproved.

rrr314159

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2016, 06:55:34 PM »
I see a big difference between the launching of Saturn V and the Moon lander bearing in mind that this module also needed a big mass of fuel to land without crashing, where are the fuel tanks that store enough liquid to escape from the lunar attraction?

On the bottom of the moon lander there's a big sheet of cavorite  :biggrin:
I am NaN ;)

caballero

• Abre Ojos Ensamblador
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2016, 07:16:01 PM »
On the bottom of the moon lander there's a big sheet of cavorite  :biggrin:
Ahhh, Save me some for my next trip to Mars  :biggrin:

Well, after all it is possible that NASA came on the moon, as it says, but with the methods we know it seems a bit unlikely. They may know any other different propulsion method than the hydrocarbon combustion, that would explain much of my doubts. What surprises me most is that none of you has questioned any of this  ;)

Yuri

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2016, 08:57:03 PM »
Maybe those who landed on the Moon never came back. They sacrifised their lives for the glory of America. That's why the lander didn't need fuel tanks — it wasn't supposed to rise again. :(