Author Topic: Did the man really land the moon?  (Read 7452 times)

rrr314159

Re: Did the man really land the moon?
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2016, 12:23:49 AM »
MASM programmer who was standing nearby, joined their conversation: "Huh? What's a cow?"
I am NaN ;)

GoneFishing

• Gone fishing
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2016, 01:03:17 AM »
MASM programmer who was standing nearby, joined their conversation: "Huh? What's a cow?"

"Good name for pseudo-opcode macro though" - he thought in his head .

rrr314159

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2016, 01:03:56 AM »
caballero wrote: I think that none of us traveled on that trip or have enough data to know if it is feasible to think that it was.

Actually I did a little work with NASA, at Rome AFB, NY, in the 1980's, on loan from the Navy. In my career I met people who worked on the moon shots, although I never talked with them about it. I don't doubt for a second they were the real thing. Those space engineers, and most other engineers working for "Defense" Dep't, were extremely competent. BTW much of the technical info is available to the public these days.

caballero wrote: I found myself more inclined to trust me the official hypothesis seeing such images.

Officials often tell the truth, when there's no politics - or political correctness - involved. For instance NOAA never lies - at least didn't, back in the day. US gov't technical people can usually be trusted.

caballero wrote: That the earth is flat is stupid. Okay, that's what you say because now you see it in perspective, but in the fifteenth century, people had it not so clear. When Columbus claimed he knew an alternative route to trade with India surrounding the earth to reach India taking the advantage that the earth was round, no one believed him.

Actually that's a myth. Greeks in 300 BC knew the Earth was round, as have educated / intelligent people throughout history. In Columbus' day most were ignorant (as today) but many thinkers knew the Earth was round. To sailors (with  a little thought) it's obvious, you can see ship masts appear over the horizon. There are many stupid myths like this in science history. They want you to think everyone before 1905 was an idiot, but today they're all brilliant, therefore give them more grant money.

caballero wrote: I would challenge you to prove the Pythagorean theorem, for example, without looking any documentation ...

I once taught that - but might want to refresh my memory :-) It's interesting that there are literally hundreds of proofs.

Overall you're right, ignorance is pandemic, probably 99% of people are uninformed. The establishment likes it that way; education is deliberately broken, at least in US. (There's another probably-valid conspiracy theory.) But there are still plenty of people who know stuff. Some of them on this masm32 board.
I am NaN ;)

caballero

• Abre Ojos Ensamblador
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2016, 01:57:48 AM »
>Greeks in 300 BC knew the Earth was round
>To sailors (with  a little thought) it's obvious, you can see ship masts appear over the horizon
Sure.
Sure, not only sailors, everyone that climb to a decent high can get that idea.

Many people knew that, nevertheless, who put the money for such audacity? Colombus project was rejected several times. They say that others came America before Colombus, don't know, I only know about him. Magallanes/El Cano (XVI century) were the first rounding the world and so demostrating definitively that the world is round.

There are not many scientists who have proven their vaccine onto themselves.

>But there are still plenty of people who know stuff
I have no doubt

>Some of them on this masm32 board
Congrats you all :t

I'm sorry, in my way of being, I just tend to believe what seems to be reasonable and I missed the aerozine 50 in the Moon lander rescue.
En un lugar de la Mancha de cuyo nombre no quiero acordarme

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2016, 02:51:47 AM »

rrr314159

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2016, 04:48:13 AM »
Isabella certainly deserves credit for financing Columbus and understanding the potential of his mission - she was a great Monarch. Why the Portuguese missed out on it I don't know, but I'm pretty sure it's not because they thought the Earth was flat. There's no question Vikings came to America first but they didn't do anything with it. Magellan also was a great man - those guys back then had massive cojones.

caballero wrote: There are not many scientists who have proven their vaccine onto themselves.

But there have been some, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-experimentation_in_medicine#Infectious_diseases_and_vaccines

caballero wrote: ... in my way of being, I just tend to believe what seems to be reasonable ...

That's smart. And you did another smart thing: asked us about it.
I am NaN ;)

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2016, 06:19:41 AM »
If anything .. you should go through this website, then convince yourself that we landed on the moon  :bgrin:
The contributors to this website are experts in their own fields.. I'll go far as to say..better than NASA has 'fronted' for public consumption !

http://www.aulis.com/

Have fun...  :biggrin:
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

BugCatcher

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2016, 07:24:11 AM »
Why not just point the Hubble space telescope at the landing areas on the moon and take a picture of the left behind junk and footprints.

Magnum

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2016, 09:33:48 AM »
It would be near impossible to fake a landing on the moon for these and other reasons.

1. There are too many radars and telescopes watching the sky, for E.T. etc.

2. Too many witness at NASA etc.
     Would take too much money to bribe all of them

3. Then there is the lunar rocks.

4. Hilliary said it did not happen, so you know it happened. :-)

Sorry, could not help myself.
Take care,
                   Andy

Ubuntu-mate-16.04-desktop-amd64

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org

Lightman

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2016, 12:33:19 AM »
I'd side with Magnum. Many people were following the Apollo Missions. Folks with telescopes were looking out for the spent rocket parts burning up and radio hams could tune into NASA's radio signals and listen to the astronauts. Given this all happened during the cold war, I'm sure the Russian Intelligence services were paying very close attention.

Equipment was left on the Moon that is still in use. Reflectors on the Moon are used to verify the Moons distance from Earth via laser beams. Other space programs in India and Japan have photoed some of the landing site since.

It's a safe bet it actually happened.

But I like a bit of doubt. It stands to reason that if you were going to take a trip to the Moon, you'd take a camera with you. However, taking a photo on the Moon may turn into quite a challenge. It's quite a mission brief...

1. We have to assume that light will react with the film in the same way as on Earth, that is you can actually take a picture on the Moon.

2. The camera being used cannot have any electrical parts. The camera and mechanism needs to survive the journey to the Moon.

3. The film used in the camera also needs to be unaffected any atmospheric conditions or radiation it my pass through on it's may to the Moon.

Assuming that your got your faithful Hasselblad to the Moon and your are ready to take some holiday snaps...

4. The camera is attached to your chest and has no view finder.

5. It's shutter speed, aperture and focus are fixed.

6. The camera is outside your space suit. It's film, lens and workings must be able to withstand temperatures of +/- 200 degrees.

7. National Geographic have already paid $7 million for the first publishing rights...

8. ...So they had better be in focus.

9. ...and you'd better make an effort with composition too.

10. You have to operate your camera through the thick gloves on your space suit.

Despite these few potential issues, NASA's pictures came out really well. Which is just as well really. Many technical people would follow the progress of the Apollo flights, but without the TV and photos, it would look a little different to the general public.

You watch a rocket take off. Then you'd maybe hear on the radio that they had landed. Then later you could watch the US Navy collect the astronauts after splashdown. Here is a bit of Moon rock and a $24 billion bill.

That TV broadcast live from the surface of the Moon where Buzz jumps down the steps and says "One small step..." is the money shot. That's where your $24 billion went.

You can see why there maybe a little pressure on the photo and TV people. Given the staggering amount of apparent flaws in the the photos, it could be suggested that they were studio fakes. Or a least, very heavily touched up.

L.

Regards,

Lightman

PauloH

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2016, 06:50:54 AM »
Folks, please, take a look at this at Wikipedia. Nasa is not alone and there are many sources to search.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_evidence_for_Apollo_Moon_landings

Look these too:
http://nerdist.com/still-think-the-moon-landings-were-faked-heres-more-proof-they-werent/
http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/chandrayaan1s-images-debunk-conspiracy-theories-isro-scientist/article13950.ece

For  denialists no evidence is sufficient.  I see the same with atomic theory, vaccines, cancer research, HVI  vs AIDS, 9/11 (New York) etc. There is a denialist for every and all fact around the world. The internet can show all of them.

caballero

• Abre Ojos Ensamblador
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2016, 06:43:19 PM »
Maybe "deniers" sounds as despective as "believers". rr has listed some cases that came from official truths to officially denied. Which we should believe the one or the opposite? I knew some elder persons that said:
> What do you think about this?
> I don't think, what the gov people say would be good

Vaccines are not magic, they have their downside, like any medicine, have you ever read the contraindications that come with any medicine? In the same way that the toilet is not a magical hole.
En un lugar de la Mancha de cuyo nombre no quiero acordarme

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2016, 10:55:49 PM »
I have an unassailable truth, the world is SQUARE. (You need to be familiar with 1960s terminology to get this one.)  :P
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin:

rrr314159

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2016, 11:18:53 PM »
Many people were following the Apollo Missions. Folks with telescopes were looking out for the spent rocket parts burning up and radio hams could tune into NASA's radio signals and listen to the astronauts. Given this all happened during the cold war, I'm sure the Russian Intelligence services were paying very close attention. ... Then later you could watch the US Navy collect the astronauts after splashdown. ... $24 billion bill.

You don't get it. They were all part of the conspiracy!!! The 24 billion was used to pay them off, as many of us old-timers remember. It was a great deal. Unfortunately we still can't talk about it - that was part of the agreement. If we do they'll kill us. Why do you think so many people who were adults in 1968, and had anything to do with the space program, US Navy, Soviet Intelligence, astronomy, ham radio, or watching TV, have died? The Powers That Be say it's "old age" - don't believe it! Actually, they started dropping hints to their grandkids (like "Hmmph! Moon-shot, my *ss!") and had to be silenced.
I am NaN ;)

xanatose

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2016, 01:38:06 AM »
What I want to know is not if the Americans landed in the moon. That could be proven or disproved by looking at the landing area and see if all the junk is still around or not. Since there is no atmosphere the junk will remain there for a very long time.

What I want to know is why didn't the Russians land on the moon?