Author Topic: World Ranking of Nations by IQ  (Read 1905 times)

rrr314159

World Ranking of Nations by IQ
« on: September 15, 2016, 11:36:55 AM »
http://www.kurzweilai.net/forums/topic/world-ranking-of-nations-by-iq

This can't be taken too seriously. The reason I post it here is Italy's ranking. That can't be right can it?
I am NaN ;)

habran

• uasm
Re: World Ranking of Nations by IQ
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 12:08:27 PM »
Of course not! ::)
Cod-Father

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 02:16:49 PM »
The Italy ranking is entirely plausible, folks, but
an edifice built on layer upon layer of arbitrary assumptions and selective data manipulation
the low standards of scholarship evident in the book render it largely irrelevant for modern science
etc etc
I've done quite a number of IQ tests when I was young, and from what I know about these tests, I agree that
cross country comparisons are virtually meaningless.

On the positive side,
Edward Miller ... gave the book positive reviews in two different White Nationalist publications
8)

Raistlin

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 03:47:46 PM »
In my experience IQ can be taught/learnt.... EQ can not.

Scores below 80 must indicate a perpetual vegetative state, must be where high level programmers live. :icon_mrgreen:
Are you pondering what I'm pondering? It's time to take over the world ! - let's use ASSEMBLY...

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 08:27:47 PM »
A very long time ago I did a course on the cognitive development of children at uni and one case study stood out to me in the development sequence that people Like Piaget taught, kids in some American cities were far more advanced at thing like stealing the hubcaps and wheels off parked cars because they needed to do so to eat. The old Stanford Binet testing for IQ is socially loaded and highly dependent on the questions that applied to a particular society. If you were not a part of that society and did not know its social norms, value judgements and the like you did very badly in such tests.

Years ago I had a friend who was a smart guy who did some research on IQ testing then joined MENSA just to take the piss out of them as a bunch of pseudo wankers full of themselves.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin:

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 11:22:28 PM »
Years ago I had a friend who was a smart guy who did some research on IQ testing then joined MENSA

My informed guess is that half of the forum members qualify for Mensa. Better than 2% of the population? That's 160,000 or so in cities like New York or London...

HSE

• <AMD>< 7-32>
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 03:39:44 AM »
My informed guess is that half of the forum members qualify for Mensa. Better than 2% of the population?

At list better than the lower 2% (in most cases  :biggrin:)

Siekmanski

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 04:42:33 AM »
My SDR has a very high IQ rate, 3200000  :lol:
Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

rrr314159

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 10:57:01 AM »
Good news - I solved the mystery. Contacted the author of this IQ ranking list. It turns out that the typist accidentally transposed Italy with Equatorial Guinea. So simply switch those two names in the list. Now that makes a lot more sense!
I am NaN ;)

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 04:11:50 PM »
 :eusa_naughty:

mineiro

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 08:55:06 AM »
hehehe, Brazil don't appear into this list. Our IQ cannot be measured by standart methods.
I remember a test that I have done years ago, 10 computer questions and the result was zero. :shock:. Well, brazilians law only allow you to try 1 question as promoter. I can prove that 10 questions that I choose are right, but it's only into my mind.
I have learned that persons that create tests are not the best to create tests. You have arguments but you can't prove. :icon13:
I'd rather be this ambulant metamorphosis than to have that old opinion about everything