Author Topic: The Presidential Debate  (Read 3678 times)

anunitu

Re: The Presidential Debate
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 02:55:22 AM »
A Lot of old war planes(mainly jets) became monuments in parks.

Like this.

Pic from this site,lots of Pics there.
http://io9.gizmodo.com/fighter-planes-that-became-battle-scarred-war-monuments-878333796

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 08:15:11 AM »
I could just strafe them.

Didn't know that verb exists - it sounds horribly German. Look up bestrafen 8)

Gunther

• Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2016, 08:11:17 PM »
I could just strafe them.

Didn't know that verb exists - it sounds horribly German. Look up bestrafen 8)

The word exists as verb and as noun. You could check this, for example, via Google translator.

Gunther
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them.

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2016, 08:38:00 PM »
I had a friend years ago that use to holiday in Vietnam, he said there were old US fighters in public parks that the kids played in.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin:

sinsi

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2016, 09:54:53 PM »
Anyway I'm hoping with the US gov't hard up for cash maybe they'll sell off some of their assets.
Nope, they'll just go to some local cops.
I can walk on water but stagger on beer.

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
Donald Trump nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2016, 10:07:55 PM »
Donald Trump nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize

A respected Nobel watcher and director of the Peace Research Institute of Oslo, Harpviken said he was "committed to not reveal the nominator's name," but shared online the language from the letter, which praised Trump for "his vigorous peace through strength ideology, used as a threat weapon of deterrence against radical Islam, ISIS, nuclear Iran and Communist China."
:t

Apropos peace through strength - our British friends at UKIP seem to take that 'ideology' seriously, too:

altercation was at UKIP MEP meeting around 10am - 'punches were exchanged' & Steven Woolfe collapsed
There was a "rumbustious argument" over whether Steven Woolfe had been talking to the Tory party.

A verbal conflict arose and he went outside with another MEP.

The other MEP took off his jacket and went outside the room and punches were exchanged.
UKIP's Steven Woolfe 'conscious in hospital after altercation' (with another parliamentarian from, well, UKIP :P)
Steven Woolfe subsequently collapsed and was taken to hospital. His condition is serious.
UKIP leadership hopeful Steven Woolfe is conscious in hospital following an altercation at a meeting of party MEPs, UKIP sources have told the BBC.
The sources said doctors reported that Mr Woolfe had suffered two seizures and it was believed he had bleeding on the brain.

Now can you imagine the two gentlemen having a "rumbustious" argument among native English-speaking politicians...

« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 01:39:25 AM by jj2007 »

xanatose

Re: Donald Trump nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2016, 01:42:56 AM »
Wouldn't surprise me.

I really wish the committee of that price had the same common sense as the committee of the physics one. Which is waiting first for the person to do something they did instead of just giving it for what they said they would do.

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2016, 03:48:16 AM »
He might surprisingly, achieve peace  ;)

All the other presidents have made promises and never lived up to them - actually did the exact opposite, DT is probably no different.
So if he's threatening war, we'll get peace  :t

I'll vote for him
 :biggrin:
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

xanatose

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2016, 04:34:33 PM »
So if he's threatening war, we'll get peace  :t

Let's hope that the peace we get is not the Rest in Peace one.

As for war. Both candidates will do whatever Israel wants them to do. So there is a 90% chance that the USA will try to impose air supremacy over Syria in order to take control of the area.

Except that I trust that Trump will negotiate with Russia enough to avoid WW3. His ego will prevent him from being the president that destroys the USA. I am counting on his ego.

While I do believe we would see one day on Hillary flying in Airforce one saying on TV (as the nukes are flying out from both sides) "what difference does it make now?" If she is elected. She won't mind the USA being burned to the ground as long as she and Bill can make a profit out of it.

Ideally the way to save face on Syria would be to cut the money of ISIS (by bombing the areas they trade and stop the Saudi, the CIA and Mossad from actively financing them), and having an coordinated an attack with Russia to eliminate them. Then claim victory and leave the area. A win win situation for the USA (as it saves face), and for Russia (as it saves face) and Syria. (as they can finally stop the macabre stupidity going on there).

Of course that would postpone the plans for a greater Israel. So they will not be too happy about it. We will more than likely get financial terrorism (as they do control the Federal Reserve) and we might even get a nuke explode somewhere in the USA (either Miami or New York) and blamed to the Russians. After all there are 2 missing nukes that everyone seem to forget about. So we might still get WW3.

rrr314159

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2016, 01:15:43 AM »
You're right about Hillary, but Trump is unreliable: only 99.9999999999999 % pro-Israel
I am NaN ;)

xanatose

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2016, 04:19:57 AM »
You're right about Hillary, but Trump is unreliable: only 99.9999999999999 % pro-Israel
LOL.
Cannot blame a man for supporting the religion of her daughter husband. Plus, lets face it, you get a lot more business with Jews than with Christians or Muslims.

But, I am counting on his ego and not his integrity to do what is right. He would not want his presidency to be the one known for the destruction of the USA.

BTW: We will start a recession either at the end of this year or the start of the next one. No mater who wins, things will go worse and whoever gets selected will get blamed for it. Nothing to do with politics, but more of the market cycles. But average Joe and Jane (or Mustafah and Almira, depending if Trump or Hillary get elected) will not see it that way.

GuruSR

• Assembler (6500, 68k, Intel), C(all), VB6, no .Net
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2016, 11:10:22 AM »
The best thing about being Canadian, not having to worry if the hot air is just coming out of his mouth...

I mean really, didn't anyone hear him do that?

GuruSR.
Learned 68k Motorola Asm instruction set in 30 minutes on the way to an Amiga Developer's Forum meeting.
Following week wrote a kernel level memory pool manager in 68k assembler for fun.

xanatose

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2016, 03:21:45 AM »
Now that trump is president, we will live in interesting times.

Well at least I do not need the fallout shelter now that Putin has announced their intention of a better USA/Russia relation.

The first thing he did was to put one of the Saudi princes on its place on twitter :)

"Dopey Prince wants to control our U.S. politicians with daddy's money. Can't do it when I get elected."

So far so good, prevented WW3 by just being elected and placed a Saudi prince on its place. And he has not yet take the White House.  :lol:

I fully expect him to say
"Mr. Obama, you are fired."
The day he assumes the presidency.

MichaelW

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2016, 05:34:39 AM »
Well at least I do not need the fallout shelter now that Putin has announced their intention of a better USA/Russia relation.

Define "better".

Well Microsoft, here’s another nice mess you’ve gotten us into.

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2016, 10:03:47 AM »
Now that trump is president, we will live in interesting times.

"Dopey Prince wants to control our U.S. politicians with daddy's money. Can't do it when I get elected."

I fully expect him to say
"Mr. Obama, you are fired."
The day he assumes the presidency.
:t :t :t :t :t :t :t :t
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'