RichMasm.exe

JJ,
I installed the new MasmBasic version.
If I execute RichMasm.exe a messagebox appears

"Can't open:
C:\Users\Mic_Admin\Downloads\NidudDaysSince21Mar\NidudDaysSince.asc"

On ok. RichMasm opens normally.

jj2007

Normally, this just means that the last file that you saved (or changed without saving) with RichMasm is no longer at the location where it used to be. Are you sure the file exists?

Just made a test:
- I copied a file to C:\Users\Jochen\Documents\My Videos\Heap16.asc (note the space between My and Videos)
- opened it in J:\Masm32\MasmBasic\RichMasm.exe
- typed asdasd to make the document "dirty"
- closed without saving

Now, when launching J:\Masm32\MasmBasic\RichMasm.exe, it opens the doc in My Videos - OK.
If I rename that file and launch RichMasm again, of course it cannot find the doc and complains with a box. When clicking OK, it opens templates.asc instead. Go to the File menu and see what is under entry #1...

This behaviour is by design. Let me know what went wrong, feedback is important here. Shall I add an explanation to the MsgBox?

clamicun

JJ thanks,
I got it.

"Are you sure the file exists?"
Yes, it exists but not in the downloadfolder.
Have a good one, Mic

clamicun

One last question.
How to kill this message.
This file will never be in that folder, because I reinstalled windows and the user doesn't exist anymore.

jj2007

As soon as you open another file, and change only one character, it will appear on top of the recent files list, and no message next time you launch RichMasm. How long is your list? Mine is 25 files right now, and I need them all, but I hear there are people who don't like recent files lists 8)

If you can't wait, click on menu File, then right-click in a file that you want to see higher up :P