Author Topic: One IQ point less means 2% less GDP...?  (Read 881 times)

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
One IQ point less means 2% less GDP...?
« on: October 19, 2016, 09:32:30 PM »
Exposure to endocrine-disrupting chemicals in the USA: a population-based disease burden and cost analysis
The disease costs of EDCs were much higher in the USA than in Europe ($340 billion [2·33% of GDP] vs $217 billion [1·28%]). The difference was driven mainly by intelligence quotient (IQ) points loss and intellectual disability due to polybrominated diphenyl ethers (11 million IQ points lost and 43 000 cases costing $266 billion in the USA vs 873 000 IQ points lost and 3290 cases costing $12·6 billion in the European Union)

Watch out for polybrominated diphenyl ethers, folks... if you eat too much of them, your intelligence may normalise but it will then be insufficient for assembly programming :biggrin:

Raistlin

Re: One IQ point less means 2% less GDP...?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 09:40:34 PM »
Code: [Select]
Polybrominated diphenyl ethers or PBDEs, are organobromine compounds that are used as flame retardant. Like other brominated flame retardants, PBDEs have been used in a wide array of products, including building materials, electronics, furnishings, motor vehicles, airplanes, plastics, polyurethane foams, and textiles
Why would we end up eating those? - some form of contamination ?

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 10:11:22 PM »
Endocrine disruptors are everywhere in the food chain, on the Western side of the Atlantic Ocean. With dire long-term consequences: Americans Work 25% More Than Europeans, according to Bloomberg:
Italians are the least likely to be at work, putting in 29 percent fewer hours per year than Americans do.
:greensml:

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 10:26:46 PM »
I have a response to anyone who starts on me for having been a smoker for 55 years, I start on them about the obesity epidemic using the mantra,

Eat Shit,
grow fat,
be sick,
die young.

Seems to shut 'em up real fast.  :P
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin:

nidud

• https://github.com/nidud/asmc
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 11:52:49 PM »
Sort of an irony in all of this. For decades they have waged this war on smokers and as a result people getting fat. The problem now is that being fat seems to be more dangerous than smoking.

Zen

• slightly red-shifted
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 07:22:24 AM »
There was a book that was published about twenty years ago: Our Stolen Future: Are We Threatening Our Fertility, Intelligence, and Survival? A Scientific Detective Story, 1996, that first proposed the problem with endocrine disruptors. They have an informative website: Our Stolen Future. It was almost completely ignored by the popular media.
...In fact,...the only people in the Western Hemisphere that took it seriously were us 'lunatic fringe' conspiracy theorists.
I have since found much more effective methods for lowering my IQ,...:bgrin:

(ALERT: I have noticed an alarming increase in ludicrously ridiculous posts here on the MASM Forum,...presumably, made by assembly programmers that have been exposed to unhealthy amounts of free-range, polybrominated diphenyl ethers.)

The REAL problem is the adverse effects on evolution that many of these organic chemicals have demonstrated.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has an Action Plan: Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDEs) Action Plan, 2009 pdf
Zen

rrr314159

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 08:44:06 AM »
(ALERT: I have noticed an alarming increase in ludicrously ridiculous posts here on the MASM Forum,...presumably, made by assembly programmers that have been exposed to unhealthy amounts of free-range, polybrominated diphenyl ethers.)

Some of those crazy posts are from damaged programmers. But most - I'm quite certain - are from the disguised alien robots in our midst.
I am NaN ;)