Author Topic: I Didn't Post This  (Read 4708 times)

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
Re: I Didn't Post This
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2016, 11:34:50 AM »
Did you watch the video I gave above?

I did. UNESCO should put it on their World Heritage List. But did you read my 20 Years After "Tear Down This Wall" link?
"President Reagan had the idea that change could happen," Shultz says. "That put him at odds with establishment thinking, which had embraced d├ętente and assumed change would not happen.

That's interesting news for me. Still, it doesn't mean his speech was helpful in tearing the wall down. That was entirely Gorbachev's merit, btw against will of the East German government.

rrr314159

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2016, 12:19:46 PM »
did you read my 20 Years After "Tear Down This Wall" link?

No. My policy is to never study issues. I might be forced to change my mind, leading to a lack of self-confidence, general mental and therefore physical deterioration, and an early suicide. So you see, ignorance is essential for self-preservation. In fact that was one of the Great Reagan's guiding principles!
I am NaN ;)

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2016, 12:34:26 PM »
> But hey, what do US citizens know about US presidents?

Looking at the quality of recent presidents and the current candidates, apparently not much. I mean at least Trick E. Dicky did something aproximately useful, he pulled the plug on the Vietnam war and shifted the profits of the military/industrial complex to bombing the phuk out of Cambodia instead. Shame about the "Plain of Jars", an archeological site on historical interest where there is high risk of treading on unexploded ordinance.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin:

rrr314159

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2016, 02:23:41 PM »
It's true that US citizens are a bunch of morons (with rare exceptions). Australia, with its average IQ of what, 140 or so? , is of course far superior. I'm sure you could easily win a war. We'll send a few missiles your way, you can drop kangaroos and Crocodile Dundee on us, see who wins.

That's the Reagan attitude! We may be stupid - heck we are stupid - but we've got bigger sticks!

As you probably know, Americans get bored when they're not bombing anyone. On weekends - when everyone has time on their hands - we typically like to shoot and torture each other. Just the other day I blew away five of my neighbors. Unfortunately only one survived long enough to get in some waterboarding (one of my favorite activities). So I caught a few small animals and tortured them to death. Not much fun, but by imagining they were Australians, it passed the time. Just another typical weekend here in the good ol' US of A.

That's what makes America great!
I am NaN ;)

anunitu

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2016, 02:32:11 PM »
Did you watch the video I gave above? If you did, I can only assume you hate dogs

Dogs are fine with enough mustard and relish....little stringy but not to greasy...

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2016, 03:38:05 PM »
 :biggrin:

> I'm sure you could easily win a war. We'll send a few missiles your way, you can drop kangaroos and Crocodile Dundee on us, see who wins.

China would, nothing like having an unsinkable aircraft carrier available and they DO trade with us.  :P

> We may be stupid - heck we are stupid - but we've got bigger sticks!

Yes we know, we see it being applied to the saving of ordinary Americans each time the military/industrial complex want more profits.  :eusa_clap:

> Australia, with its average IQ of what, 140 or so?

I suggest you will find that OZ has an average average IQ if you are foolish enough to follow Stanford Binet IQ testing.
hutch at movsd dot com

npnw

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2016, 03:27:01 PM »
Hutch , Tricky Dicky gave the Chinese and Russians ball bearing machines that allowed multiple MIRV ICBM's.

http://reformed-theology.org/html/books/best_enemy/chapter_07.htm

Doesn't make sense, unless you want an arms race. Can't find who owned what stock from back then.

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2016, 03:52:07 PM »
You will probably find that once General Dynamics finish raping the American economy with the F35 that the US will only be able to afford to buy Chinese made J10's, the Sukhoi 35 and PAK 50 will be too expensive. At least if Donald gets up he may get a discount from Vladimir Putin if he behaves himself. If Hillary makes it after the email scandal and does not end up in jail, we will probably see WW3.
hutch at movsd dot com

npnw

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2016, 06:50:52 PM »
The F35 is old tech Hutch. Read an article where they gave out 1 billion for a new accounting software to track waste and fraud. After several years the new software was just as convoluted and had as many holes as the old accounting software. So where did Trillions of dollars go? Ummmm to secret defense projects?  I'm sure that we are safe from foreign governments... not so sure about idiots although I'm sure they insulate them from what truly goes on with the real top secret stuff.  I bet the F35 is probably from the 1960's design.  An example would be your LCD tv was developed in 1953 from RCA. So your looking at 50 to 60 yrs on tech released to the public.

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2016, 10:02:24 PM »
The killer on the F35 program is its level of compromise, it is trying to be everything and doing none of them well. An F15e will kick its ass big time. Bad politics, bits made in different locations that don't fit together due to the "cats and dogs" mentality of senators from different states and lousy software. We are lucky here in OZ that our air force is still using the ever upgraded FA18 which seems to be a very reliable gadget, stealth is improving and its a fraction of the cost of a lemon like the F35. Indonesia has a fleet of Sukhoi 27s and the last thing we had that could compete was the ancient F111 after 50 years of refits and other modernisations. Mainly it was big enough to carry enough ordinance to challenge a Sukhoi over the horizon.
hutch at movsd dot com

npnw

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2016, 06:37:05 AM »
You are right hutch, they should have never made it interoperable. The other issue is build them then fix all of them. I'm sure politics and jobs in their districts didn't help. Of course no one is responsible for any of it. The F111 as far as I know had to be in afterburner, fully loaded to refuel in air. I really haven't done a lot of research on that. I think it is smart for Australia to buy the F18, till either the bugs are worked out of the F35, or a better more dedicated plane comes along. There you guys go again using common sense, making us look bad :)

rrr314159

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2016, 02:46:12 PM »
While US wastes money, other countries are developing the next generation of weapons. Soon, US military will be number two.
I am NaN ;)

anunitu

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2016, 02:53:01 PM »
But you forget we have the one hundred percent American "Silent but deadly",the ultimate weapon..Wait for it.....pheetishishish(but silent)

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2016, 04:27:42 PM »
The F111 was an unusual gadget,it was originally designed in the 1960s as a conventional bomber and it suited the requirement in OZ because of its range. Multiple modernisations later it was still very hard to find a replacement that had the range, speed and stealth. Our pilots used to practice up the north coast of NSW (east coast OZ) flying at treetop level in and out of valleys and did not win any friends from the local cow cockies (farmers) with the noise and sonic booms.

For reasons I am not sure about, the RAAF used to privately call it "The Pig" but its death knell was the availability of spare parts, the RAAF used to buy bits from an aircraft graveyard in Arizona (I think) because the US had not used it for 30 years. Apparently it had some toxic stuff in its construction that made it a health hazard to work on and fly. OZ has unusual requirements with military aircrafts due to the massive distances involved and it maintains (and pays for) the Air Sea Gap north of Australia which makes OZ an OK place to put military bases.

Stealth is a dying capacity these days as various systems are capable of over horizon tracking so we may see a return to the days of very high altitude aircrafts again as at least you have more warning about something heading your way. I don't think anyone ever got anything high enough to tackle the SR71 and I have seen videos of missiles that ran out of puff when they tried.
hutch at movsd dot com

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2016, 05:01:37 PM »
> While US wastes money, other countries are developing the next generation of weapons. Soon, US military will be number two.

You may not have to wait long, the Ruskies have the later Topol series and the Satan2 series are coming online very soon. The Chinese have a 12000 range multi-warhead nuclear capable that could take out California and while I have no doubt that the US has its share of similar gadgets, that is a war that no-one will win, did I hear MAD ?

The Russian have been selling 30 year old mothballed rocket engines to NASA because they have so much more grunt than the US capacity and their aircraft engines have a similar advantage, the reason why they will not sell them to the Chinese who make very good airframes but cannot compete yet on jet engines. The best military aircrafts in the world are Russian, both Sukhoi and Migoyan are superior technology.

It may be to the advantage of ordinary Americans for the Pentagon and other similar loonies to abandon the idea of first strike as it just about garrantees last strike if they start it. I know from various docos that the Russians have some very nasty extras, a nuke torpedo to use on naval bases that is really dirty and will leave the area uninhabitable for a very long time. I cannot see any country foolish enough to try and attack the US as the retaliation would be devastating and it would probably only happen if some loonie in the US decided to attack another nuclear capable country. Can you imagine what would happen if the wasted money was spent on Americans again ?

The roads could be repaired, new bridges built before the old ones fall down, Americans would have jobs again, pay for natural disasters like New orleans and to use one of the "Donald's" punch lines, make America great again.
hutch at movsd dot com