Author Topic: I Didn't Post This  (Read 4679 times)

HSE

• <AMD>< 7-32>
Re: I Didn't Post This
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2016, 12:31:25 AM »
Being at the bottom of the planet, if they fell down, they'd drop into space ...

Sorry, not posible, Atlas is there!!!

MichaelW

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2016, 12:36:49 AM »
The US did not start to get its act together until the battle of Midway.

Keep in mind that the US was fighting a war on two fronts, and with a decimated fleet in the Pacific. If it were not for the war in Europe, the war in the Pacific would have been much shorter.
Well Microsoft, here’s another nice mess you’ve gotten us into.

rrr314159

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2016, 01:46:33 AM »
Why is this starting to sound like drivel ? OH I know, it IS drivel.

Obviously it's a joke. (I forgot how sensitive little guys are.) At least HSE got it.

You're telling us USA is screwed up - as though we didn't know already. It's like saying, very seriously, that you just figured out 2+2 = 4, expecting a Nobel prize for the great breakthrough.

Ok, very seriously, you're right: USA is indeed screwed up. Trump knows it, Hillary doesn't. Vote Trump!
I am NaN ;)

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2016, 03:45:54 AM »
Obviously it's a joke

Not that obviously, apparently :P

In any case, it's fun to see intelligent folks pulling each other's legs ;)

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2016, 08:01:18 PM »
 :biggrin:

> Keep in mind that the US was fighting a war on two fronts, and with a decimated fleet in the Pacific. If it were not for the war in Europe, the war in the Pacific would have been much shorter.

This is in fact a good point, at the time of Pearl Harbour the war in Europe had been raging for a year and a half while the US had been trying to keep out of it, they suddenly had to respond to protect themselves. OZ did not have much option with its first line of defence being volunteers in New Guinea followed up by the guys brought back from north Africa.

I do in fact have a sense of humour and based on years of experience of old Pommies waxing lyrical about the superiority of the British Empire after the arse had fallen out of it and they arrived here as five pound migrants, there are close approximations to old Yanks (to use an aussie slang) waxing lyrical about being able to slop around a few missiles to control the world. One can only wonder if all of those who saw it funny that Baghdad was bombed into oblivion with comments like "The Hard Luck Cafe, Baghdad" are no earning their living as dumpster divers in New York ?

The problem is for these poor old farts is that OZ idiom if far less gracious than many others so we generally try not to offend those who are so fragile. Now with the Kiwis its another matter, as we remember piggy Muldoon, taking the piss out of the Kiwis is fair sport.  :P
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin: