Author Topic: Windows 10, a steaming pile of sh*t  (Read 1865 times)

shankle

Re: Windows 10, a steaming pile of sh*t
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2016, 11:56:48 AM »
But Hutch a new ssd or hd should work fine BUT if the puter goes zippy do
then on a new puter how would you activate it. If you don't do updates
any more then it makes no difference. I no longer do updates.
I'm using the free version of Macrium Reflect.
Just curious.....

Enlightnd

Re: Windows 10, a steaming pile of sh*t
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2016, 09:32:13 AM »
This is kind of interesting to read.

I've been on fast track insider releases since very early beta.
No crashes, no real issue's that couldn't be bypassed, no data loss and no real hardware issue's although I have a rather complicated setup in terms of storage, more separate audio devices then I care to count, both nvidia and AMD GPU's in the same system and even more input devices then audio devices.

Granted, half my storage is iSCSI and ZFS on the server side, so it's constantly snapshotted and on RAIDZ6, the other half runs on local RAID5 and Mirrors.

The only really annoying issue's I've had is that Microsoft pushes their "Microsoft Account" to be linked to your devices, so that your settings, you OneDrive, etc, etc are shared between your devices.

But for some reason, some absolutely brilliant fucker at Microsoft decided that using a Microsoft Account also means that your Keyboard and mouse settings are update near live between your devices.

So if I am using multiple desktops and laptops at the same time, with different keyboards, I have to set Windows 10 to the correct keyboard every time I switch to another device.

My development system is DVORAK, my gaming desktop is US International QUERTY, my laptop is Belgian, etc.

So if I go to my laptop, set the keyboard to Belgian AZERTY and I then switch to my development system suddenly, it's keyboard settings are Belgian AZERTY. If I then switch it to DVORAK and go back to my laptop, suddenly my laptop is set to DVORAK.

There are other weird annoyances, like some system windows and the Microsoft Mail application automatically starting and popping up by themselves if you closed these windows "Maximized".

But overall, I have very little stability or other issue's with Windows 10.