News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Contextual help project

Started by mywan, July 18, 2012, 07:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mywan

Quote from: jj2007 on August 11, 2012, 08:15:01 AMThe NoTag$ macro strips a string from all HTML tags. With the old xHelp, typing body would result in many matches - guess why :P
:lol:
I'll check out the new version after I get some sleep. Sounds like it may have addressed the last issue I described though.

jj2007

The NoTag$() gave me some headaches, but it's working now. This page can be translated as shown below with just a few lines:

include \masm32\MasmBasic\MasmBasic.inc   ; download
   Init
   Inkey NoTag$(FileRead$("http://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=463.msg4552"))
   Exit
end start

Output (shortened, my colouring):
(....)Topic: Contextual help project (Read 1104 times) mywan Member Posts: 121
Re: Contextual help project « Reply #105 on: Today at 08:09:15 AM » Quote Quote from: jj2007 on Today at 12:15:01 AM The NoTag$ macro strips a string from all HTML tags. With the old xHelp, typing body would result in many matches - guess why

I' ll check out the new version after I get some sleep. Sounds like it may have addressed the last issue I described though. Logged
Unnotify
Mark unread
Print Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [ 8 ] « previous next »
The MASM Forum »

NoTag$() has its limitations, e.g. no text from document.write inside scripts etc, but for quickly extracting text content from HTML pages it serves its purpose.

jj2007

Attached a BETA (!!) of xHelp that searches not only in the various *.chm files but also in the Windows SDK *.h files, e.g. in %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Include\*.h

After extraction to the root of the Masm32 drive, have a look at \masm32\help\xHelp\xHelp.ini and change the path if needed.

The main idea here is that \masm32\include\windows.inc can never be as complete as the official SDK header files - so why not go there and look up the exotic structure?

Feedback welcome, of course. The handling could be improved, I guess :biggrin:
Arrow left/right switches between listboxes, tab switches between main listbox and findbox.

mywan

I don't use Windows SDK, nor intend to, so testing this is not really an option for me. I understand windows APIs in a structural sense, so I don't need help files, or to remember specifics, to find what I'm looking for. Would like to learn asm in pretty much the same way...