Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

HJWasm 2.17 is out with false positives

Started by LiaoMi, December 05, 2016, 06:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiaoMi

Hallo,

attached picture is from my NOD anti-virus, both versions are blocked //  ::) :biggrin: Release date 01/12/2016
What could it be?

hutch--

Test the file on Jotti to see if anything else has the problem.

habran

I can assure you that there is no any kind of malware in those files. Browsers are stupid :(
I hope Johnsa will be able to find solution for that :dazzled:
Cod-Father

habran

I have downloaded source from GitHub and built it and it runs flawlessly.
If you want I can post both builds here until we find solution for Teraspace builds.
Cod-Father

TWell

These examples are the problem.
http://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=5790.msg61765#msg61765

Better just to remove those.

johnsa

Hi all, it's been a bit of a struggle.. first Google blocked me... then my ISP blocked me... then my hosting provider blocked the site!!

I have now gotten the ISP sorted and hosting provider. I have updated the hjwasm archive on the site to remove all the examples and it has a clean bill of health from virustotal.com
I've alerted Google to this update and am awaiting their security review. Hopefully it should all be back to normal shortly.

John

Vortex

Hi LiaoMi,

A lot of antivirus software are nothing more than a pain. They can be useless.

johnsa

Hi all,

All the security issues have been resolved and the site is back to normal.

Thanks,
John

anunitu

Actually not surprised. A long time ago there was a program that was supposed to "detect" bad hacker stuff by name,and the list included a hex editor,a dis assembler,and other dos programming tools. The program was kind of like the child safety ones that list "Bad" sites not by actual evidence,but in a manner like how "Harry Potter" books were judged by the religious paranoid types.

Even to if the author has a name that is even sort of looking like another name,or a person reports a site because their sisters boyfriends cousins best friends hookups dealer said they were bad. Grapevine thing.

LiaoMi

Hi All,

I know that with the images everything is in order, I wanted to draw attention to the fact, that it is difficult to download files. For example, on another computer, I could not download, even when the antivirus software is disabled, it was the Symantec Antivirus. At that moment I was not able to check all the files separately, so I wrote here ...

QuoteA lot of antivirus software are nothing more than a pain. They can be useless.

That's right, just sometimes it saves time  :P

Quote\Win32_8.EXE  Win32:Evo-gen[Susp]

This file is detected in today's build as malicious =)

GoneFishing

Hi,
To stop this never-ending fun around false  positives I see one simple and obvious solution  :
distribute your product in source only form without compiled binaries. After all *JWASM is not for beginners 

TWell

Only x86 package have those difficulty examples, x64 package is now clean of them.
There are nothing wrong with hjwasm32.exe/hjwasm64.exe.
People need those binaries.

johnsa

I will clean the 32bit package and re-upload asap.

John

anunitu

Quote from: GoneFishing on December 07, 2016, 12:50:07 AM
Hi,
To stop this never-ending fun around false  positives I see one simple and obvious solution  :
distribute your product in source only form without compiled binaries. After all *JWASM is not for beginners

That might be a solution for those who have a compiler to build the code. Kind of why I like open source.

LiaoMi

:redface:

This site can't be reached

www.terraspace.co.uk's server DNS address could not be found.
Search Google for terraspace co uk jwasm
ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED