News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Editor for testing

Started by jj2007, December 12, 2016, 01:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jj2007

Quote from: GuruSR on January 02, 2017, 12:17:35 AMlearning extra specific keys per editor can be a chore

Absolutely - but still, there seems a huge fan club for e.g. VIM :biggrin:

Currently working on the Print the Doc part. Seems incredibly simple and easy, according to MSDN 8)

GuruSR

Quote from: jj2007 on January 02, 2017, 12:57:05 AM
Quote from: GuruSR on January 02, 2017, 12:17:35 AMlearning extra specific keys per editor can be a chore

Absolutely - but still, there seems a huge fan club for e.g. VIM :biggrin:

Currently working on the Print the Doc part. Seems incredibly simple and easy, according to MSDN 8)

I actually used VI a lot, not tried VIM.  And the Print is reasonably simple, unless you want to get into positioning of things on the page like headers, footers, page numbers, then it takes a bit more work.

As for the C and W on the tool band, somewhat agree with HSE about them, they do look out of place, as you have the other icons having a 3d look to them and the C and W are flat.  Then again, I'm no prince when it comes to GUI design, mine are all ugly with a capital F, but they do their function.

GuruSR.
Learned 68k Motorola Asm instruction set in 30 minutes on the way to an Amiga Developer's Forum meeting.
Following week wrote a kernel level memory pool manager in 68k assembler for fun.