News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Full editor script plus example.

Started by hutch--, December 15, 2016, 01:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

The design of this script is to produce a neutral application that can be customised to suit the author. It has all of the hacky stuff done, RGB/A toolbar as a PNG, an RGB/A icon of 48 x 48 pixel, file IO with confirmation and system based search and replace. The about box has basic information displayed about your processor and available memory. Customising the basic editor is reasonable straight forward, you will need a tool well suited for making icons and handling strip toolbar images, in this case in PNG format as this keeps the executable size down. I personally use Axialis IconWorkshop and do yourself a favour if you buy it, pay the extra to get the professional version as you can download a mountain of images for it to use as icons and toolbar strip images.

The default is 32 x 32 pixel images for the toolbar but if you create another image strip with different sizes you can twiddle the toolbar equates at the front of the main asm file to make it fit properly and its a reasonably simple operation. You can set the text and background colours with 2 equates near the front of the file to get the display you want.

Extending the editor by coding additional menu items and extra toolbar buttons requires and understanding of how Windows API code works but its straight forward enough if you know what you are doing.

Now with the script, it may call a macro or a library procedure that not everyone has yet so if anything is missing, let me know and I will post it.

Sad to say its back to help files.  :(

In the attached zip file is the QE script to create the working editor and an example created with no modifications with the script.