Author Topic: Vaccines  (Read 1714 times)

mineiro

Re: Vaccines
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2016, 04:26:08 AM »
Mineiro, about mercury (Hg), when you eat fish in our country, you have more mercury than in vaccines!

It seems the young ones do not understand this very well, so they believe in conspiratory theories about vaccines etc. Conspiratory theories can't protect you against smallpox, polio, measles etc, but I know, some people are not convinced about the vaccines...
Hello sir PauloH, I hope you're fine.
Time to stop to eat dourado, robalo, ... . I know that on vaccines the marcury quantity is tiny. Thanks for that info.
Well, I have my 2 foots on back when talking about vaccines and pills, I don't use these things. When I have headcache because drinks, I just wait the time pass. My parents say to me use a pill like aspirina. No, I don't use. Scientists don't discovered what ends with headcache, simply some substances that cause headcache effect disapear.
I'd rather be this ambulant metamorphosis than to have that old opinion about everything

PauloH

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2016, 04:27:34 AM »
I had measles as a child and I am still alive, I do not remember anything special about it

I agree that vaccines have been instrumental in ending some deadly diseases. Does this imply that we should be crammed with them? I do not know, so I will continue to vaccinate my children, but I am inclined to think that we are exaggerating its use. What about prevention?

Your case is not all cases, this is primary error when people discuss about health conditions -> anedoctal evidence.
Try some reading about Subacute sclerosing panencephalitis related to measles and its consequences. Complications of Measles. If you do not trust the gov sources, read some Medicine book like Harrison's . There are statistical simulations about infectious disease spreading "inside" an unprotected population.
Prevention? Vaccine is a kind of prevention. Read some book about epidemiology and infections. You'll discover how vaccines changed this scenario. Think about rabies, rubella etc. The consequences of this diseases can be severe in many aspects.

nidud

• https://github.com/nidud/asmc
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 04:44:23 AM »
Should have used "probably" there but it is still a very low number. However, going to the doctor/hospital and get a needle inserted into your body is a risk in itself:

Medical Errors Are No. 3 Cause Of U.S Deaths, Researchers Say

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/05/03/476636183/death-certificates-undercount-toll-of-medical-errors

medical errors cause 251,454 deaths a year among hospitalized patients in the United States

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2016, 05:08:04 AM »
However, going to the doctor/hospital and get a needle inserted into your body is a risk in itself

With a little effort, you will surely be able to find numbers showing how many kids died from vaccinations - and how many lives were saved through vaccinations. An enormous amount of research has been performed on this subject.

To get you started: World population is 7.4 Billion, average life expectancy is 70 years. If there would be no vaccination against measles, everybody would get it once (it's extremely contagious). That means 7.4e9/70 = 105 Million people would get measles per year; roughly 0.1% die from it, so that is 105,000 deaths per year. Now all you have to do is to find the number of persons who die from measles vaccination per year.

nidud

• https://github.com/nidud/asmc
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2016, 05:21:12 AM »
Now all you have to do is to find the number of persons who die from measles vaccination per year.

How?

MichaelW

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2016, 06:07:30 AM »
Vaccines are a good thing. Consider how many lives an effective influenza vaccine could have saved in the 1918 influenza pandemic. Even during a time when there was much less travel, and the means of travel much slower, compared to today, the infection spread over most of the world and killed something like 50 million people. If we ever have an Ebola epidemic, for example, with no effective vaccine it could kill virtually everyone.
Well Microsoft, here’s another nice mess you’ve gotten us into.

caballero

• Abre Ojos Ensamblador
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2016, 07:29:32 PM »
Ahh, statistics. Let it be medicines A and B, with results 10 and 12 respectively, more or less same effectivity. We could do the next graphic:
Code: [Select]
  |
12+     **
10+ **  **
  +----------------
    A   B
I am not lying, but my intention is to deceive.

Do you know the possible complications of a flu or an otitis? How many flu or otitis have been classified independent of a vaccine when they have actually been a consequence of it?

If there was a vaccine against Ebola, I would not like to put it, unless this disease was already installed in my country (... hopefully that does not happen ...) even so, I would still be very scared to put it in my body.
En un lugar de la Mancha de cuyo nombre no quiero acordarme