Author Topic: Possible giant spoon found on Mars  (Read 3314 times)

caballero

• Abre Ojos Ensamblador
Possible giant spoon found on Mars
« on: December 29, 2016, 12:32:42 AM »
Near the bottom, in the middle of the image.
En un lugar de la Mancha de cuyo nombre no quiero acordarme

HSE

• <AMD>< 7-32>
Re: Possible giant spoon found on Mars
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 01:07:36 AM »
And just a coincidence, the "knife" in the upper part fit in the cleft of the same "table" stone. :biggrin:

caballero

• Abre Ojos Ensamblador
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 01:51:39 AM »
Surely it was a Viking meal and they broke the table :bgrin:

GoneFishing

• Gone fishing
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 05:13:37 AM »
Now I understand why there's no such thing as spoonfeeding here on the forum . Our martian friends has lost their spoons at home . 

P.S.: BTW I doubt that thing is really giant  . 10-15 cm

rrr314159

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 11:00:23 AM »
10-15 cm is about the size of a regular spoon. Question, @GoneFishing, I see no indication of scale in the picture. So how do you figure that's the size? Also, @caballero, why do you say it's "giant"?

Of course somebody at NASA knows the actual size of the thing, but it might be hard to google the info, easier to just ask you guys.
I am NaN ;)

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 11:11:25 AM »
It's not giant, it's the standard teaspoon size. And it seems to have the PanAm logo to the left ::)

rrr314159

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 02:26:00 PM »
The chance that it's actually an artifact is greater than zero. It's not like a statue of Elvis or something. AFAIK Mars once had water and atmosphere, and something like a metal or stone spoon could survive billions of years in Mars current conditions (no atmosphere to speak of). We've searched almost none of the surface so if this is real we should soon find other, and different, artifacts. Plus before too long someone (a robot probably) can go there and examine it. So I'd wait a while, year or whatever, before dismissing it. Estimated chance it's an artifact, maybe 1 out of 1000 ?
I am NaN ;)

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 05:05:00 PM »
On and off on Youtube there is a lot of this stuff but much of it is driven by sheer imagination and the wildest of free association. Rule out all of the crap and there are a few unusual things that don't have a simple explanation but it is also compounded by some of the images having areas that are smoothed out so you cannot see the real detail. There may be ancient left overs but with the surface of Mars not being the friendliest of places, large temperature swings, dust storms and the like, it will be rare to find anything that is really old.

Just look at finding fossils on Earth that are a few million years old and you get the idea that its no easy task.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin:

GoneFishing

• Gone fishing
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 06:53:06 PM »
10-15 cm is about the size of a regular spoon. Question, @GoneFishing, I see no indication of scale in the picture. So how do you figure that's the size? Also, @caballero, why do you say it's "giant"?

Of course somebody at NASA knows the actual size of the thing, but it might be hard to google the info, easier to just ask you guys.

It was just  a guess based on previous reading about Curiosity rover tools and hardware and looking at martian landscapes.
Today , after reading your question , I made right-click on image and selected "View image" menu item. Then I saw the origin of the image:

Code: [Select]
mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/01294/mcam/1294ML010405320E01_DXXX.jpgMSL = Curiosity mission
mcam = mast camera , 7 feet above the dust , 2 megapixel camera ( in depth info here: https://www.wired.com/2012/08/curiosity-mars-rover-cameras/)

P.S.: When a child I read a book  The destruction of Faena ( English title ) by Alexander Kazantsev .
Highly developed civilization evolved on Mars, established "paleocontact" with early Earth inhabitants  and  then was  ruined by nuclear war. The whole planet Faena have been destructed there .

caballero

• Abre Ojos Ensamblador
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 07:56:35 PM »
> @caballero, why do you say it's "giant"?
Well, that was the titular of the news

>GoneFishing
Highly developed civilization evolved on Mars, established "paleocontact" with early Earth inhabitants  and  then was  ruined by nuclear war. The whole planet Faena have been destructed there

It seems that there are cientific theories that the live actually started in Mars and came to the Earth on metheorites.

There are other non-scientific theories that indicate that humanity comes from Mars. Given our destructive tendency on the planet, I would not be surprised. Imagine, after destroying a planet and being forced to take refuge in another, what would be the first thing I would do: eliminate dinosaur-like compentence and then destroy our own technology so that it would take us longer to destroy another planet again.

Hey, a mars lander attached.

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 08:32:30 PM »
The Sumerians used Mars as a way station, so be interesting to see other ancient cutlery  :bgrin:
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

GoneFishing

• Gone fishing
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2016, 09:18:45 PM »
Martian mummy at top right corner

rrr314159

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2016, 03:27:59 AM »
The reason Mars is red: the glow from all those radioactive nukes!

If Martians came to Earth, it would explain the behavior of many posters on masm32: I've often suspected they must be alien Martian robots.

However let's face it most of this Mars stuff is crackpottery. Probably, also the spoon. But, wait and see.
I am NaN ;)

GoneFishing

• Gone fishing
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2016, 04:09:23 AM »
IMO you'll never recognize real XT even if you were sleeping with  her (or him)  in one bed .
Real problem of MASM32 forum is not martians posting  weird stuff but those silent XTs non-posters .There are about hundred of them on the board and about hundred of single-posters.