Author Topic: Possible giant spoon found on Mars  (Read 3281 times)

Yuri

Re: Possible giant spoon found on Mars
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2016, 06:12:47 AM »
I think we would easily recognize a Martian because gravity on Earth is three times as strong as on Mars. You can't pretend you don't weigh 200% more than you are supposed to.

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2016, 08:08:13 AM »
We have no bias whatsoever against Martians, as long as they more or less behave like humans and post good code.  :P
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Yuri

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2016, 07:50:19 PM »
I can hardly imagine myself writing good code (or any code at all) with so much extra weight. I think I'd only be able to lie flat.

By the way, when I was playing Doom3, I was disappointed they hadn't played with this difference in gravity. People on Mars moved exactly as they do on Earth. No giant leaps or other interesting effects. I understand why this was difficult to implement in the film, but in the game? Why not? :(

rrr314159

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2016, 08:42:14 PM »
If Martians came to Earth, it would explain the behavior of many posters on masm32: I've often suspected they must be alien Martian robots.

I think we would easily recognize a Martian because gravity on Earth is three times as strong as on Mars. You can't pretend you don't weigh 200% more than you are supposed to.

You're right, a Martian couldn't function here. That's why, according to my theory, they're robots - specifically designed for the high gravity of Earth. I admit it seems unlikely. But how else can you explain the behavior of many masm32 members?
I am NaN ;)

caballero

• Abre Ojos Ensamblador
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2016, 09:30:17 PM »
Hmmmm, now I understand it all. Those who we program in assembler come with no doubt from any beautiful city of Mars, the rest had to be born in some suburb of Earth :bgrin:
En un lugar de la Mancha de cuyo nombre no quiero acordarme

Yuri

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2016, 01:00:51 AM »
That's why, according to my theory, they're robots - specifically designed for the high gravity of Earth. I admit it seems unlikely. But how else can you explain the behavior of many masm32 members?
Those that don't post? Yes, it may be because of a bug or corruption in their software. They come to the forum and register, but what next? The following code is corrupted, maybe deleted by some virus or filled with nop's. So they skip it and exit.

GoneFishing

• Gone fishing
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2016, 01:58:07 AM »
@ rrr314159

Now is one of rare cases when I fully agree with you . Yes, they're robots . I have the same suspicions.
Yeah , it could be nice New Year trip "Prove me you're not an alien / robot  - I'm not a robot but you surely are ... aaaaaaaa"

I must add one detail though ... I think they're bio-robots , purposely bred gybrids implanted into society

rrr314159

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2016, 02:37:30 AM »
@GoneFishing, bio-robot is also called android - yes, you're probably right.

@Yuri, I never thought about the lurkers, but now that you mention it - perhaps those are the real Martians! You wouldn't feel much like posting, either, if you weighed 5 or 600 pounds. They're lying on a waterbed gasping for breath, fed through tubes, looking like a stranded fish (or, octopus). Able to read, but not actively post.

Thanks for the suggestions - now my theory really makes sense!
I am NaN ;)

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2016, 10:01:02 AM »
 :biggrin:

Sorry but the requirement to post good code is un-negotiable. We already have Gidney and Cloyed working for us so that anyone who posts spam gets "schrooched" but they come from the flip side of the moon anyway. Now I am not convinced that Martians would be that emaciated that their brain does not work, as our astronauts suffer bone density loss when on the space station, they get it back once back on earth and do a bit of exercise for a while so I would imagine that the Martian reception team are well geared to accommodate the gravity changes.

Now as our moon men (Gidney and Cloyed) don't particularly like Martians, unless the code that Martian post is of high enough quality, they could end up getting schrooched.  :P
hutch at movsd dot com

rrr314159

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2017, 03:45:43 PM »
You're the boss!
I am NaN ;)

GoneFishing

• Gone fishing
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2017, 05:37:16 PM »
agry

Lightman

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2017, 12:37:14 AM »
I suspect that the lurkers are the Martians. They read all the posts and examine all the code for the hidden messages. They are more organised than you think.

"No-one would have believed, in the first years of the twenty first century, that human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds of space. No-one could have dreamed that we were being scrutinized, as someone with a microscope studies creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. Few men even considered the possibility of life on other planets. And yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely, they drew their plans against us…" - Jeff Wayne - The War of the Worlds.

...The first things the Martians do is join the MASM32 forum.
Regards,

Lightman

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2017, 01:48:33 AM »

> ...The first things the Martians do is join the MASM32 forum.  :P
hutch at movsd dot com

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2017, 01:54:09 AM »
UUUUUUUUUlllllaaaaaaaaaa

'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

GoneFishing

• Gone fishing
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2017, 02:50:03 AM »
New sensational discovery !!!
Martian mummy on the photo in the post #11
shows us middle finger  :icon_exclaim: ;)