Author Topic: Britain on Canada way  (Read 1641 times)

Lightman

Re: Britain on Canada way
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2017, 12:58:31 AM »
Caballero makes a point I have been wondering for some time. The leadership of the EU are focused on forming a single political state, they are running as fast as they can for that goal. There will no nation states, only a European state. Why?

A European Community is a good idea, we can trade together and the more closely we are linked, the less inclined we'll be to have wars with each other. But why the rush for one government? I can only assume that this is the view of nearly all the European citizens, as no other country bothers to hold a referendum.

Is the nation state an old concept that the English are determined to hang on to through a fear of change, or are the people of Europe being ignored into submission?

“Public opinion will be led to adopt, without knowing it, the proposals we dare not present to them directly. All the earlier proposals will be in the new text, but will be hidden and diguised”
(Valery Giscard D’Estang. on the Lisbon treaty)

Regards,

Lightman

BlueMR2

Re: Britain on Canada way
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2017, 01:34:31 AM »
In the US the Dumbercrats simply picked the wrong candidate. They had an election winner in old Bernie Sanders yet by stacking the primaries and background dirty work with the special delegates they shoved a hated insider as their candidate and lost the popular vote. Its not as if the US voting system is not well understood by both major parties in the US or that both parties played the same game to win, its just that Trump was a less hated candidate than Clinton as he is not a Washington insider.

This for sure.  They totally underestimated the level of distrust and dislike of Clinton that the Midwest has.  So many people I know were "anyone but Hillary" after the DNC.  Many of them didn't bother to vote.  The rest held their noses and went Trump.  I'm convinced Bernie would have won.  Clinton was probably the only person out there that Trump could beat...