News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Here i should post that i'm a human being?

Started by felipe, March 20, 2017, 01:38:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

felipe

Actually my name it's in spanish, i'm from a latin america country where we talk in spanish language.  :icon_eek:

BugCatcher

LordAdef

Quote from: felipe on March 28, 2017, 04:33:56 AM
Actually my name it's in spanish, i'm from a latin america country where we talk in spanish language.  :icon_eek:

Well, Felipe is Felipe in Portuguese too  ::)

hutch--

Hi felipe,

I cheated and had a look at your IP. You live in a great country, one day I would like to have a good look at it, especially the southern part with the water ways, mountains and amazing scenery. We have people here in Australia from your country and they are nice people with a great sense of humour.

LordAdef

oh gosh, I confess I confess.. I want to know!

Although Hutch kind of gave it away... I might have been to your country last year...

I'm from Brazil by the way. we are neighbours.

aw27

Quote from: LordAdef on March 29, 2017, 11:53:22 AM
Quote from: felipe on March 28, 2017, 04:33:56 AM

Well, Felipe is Felipe in Portuguese too  ::)

I would say that in Portuguese it is Filipe, no one I am aware of is called Felipe.
But in Brasil, Felipe became more common, God knows why.

LordAdef

QuoteI would say that in Portuguese it is Filipe, no one I am aware of is called Felipe.
But in Brasil, Felipe became more common, God knows why.

In this case, I would say it is both.  :t

avcaballero

Water ways, South America, Spanish spoken, mountains and amazing scenery... Damn! Which one would it be? Argentina? for the Iguazú waterfall? I'm on ember :)

> Texas...
In fact there are many descriptive Spanish names in the USA, I guess that for those that don't know Spanish they don't say anything. Usually pretty nice:

- Colorado. Means red in English. Surely many clay soil there.
- Nevada. Snowfall. Surely a lot of cold there.
- Arizona. Árida zona, arid zone. Surely a lot of hot there.
- Florida. Flowery. Surely many flowery lands there.
- Texas. Mexico usually change "j" by "x". "Teja" means roof tile, usually made of clay. More clay soil there?
- Las Vegas. "Vegas" are usually plain lands near rivers with humidity where people usually make orchards.
- Los Ángeles. The Angels. Are we already in heaven?

I always heard "Filipe" in Portuguese :)

LordAdef

BugCatcher

Before the Spanish invasion of Texas, the native Indians used the word texas as "friend or friendship" or anyone who was an enemy of the Apache tribes to the west.

hutch--

We don't want to scare our friend off. For felipe, usted es más que bienvenido aquí hombre.

avcaballero

Quote from: BugCatcher on March 29, 2017, 11:08:55 PM
Before the Spanish invasion of Texas, the native Indians used the word texas as "friend or friendship" or anyone who was an enemy of the Apache tribes to the west.
I had no idea. In Spanish "Mexico" is read as "Mejico", "Texas" is read also as "Tejas", deriving it to clay was only an (my wrong) assumption. According to Wikipedia, there are two possible origins of the word "Texas": one you have commented on, another is from the texa tree, it seems very common there. In the ancient Spanish the "x" was used to represent the current sound "j".

>usted es más que bienvenido aquí hombre
That's very well done!  :icon_cool:

>We don't want to scare our friend off
Sorry, just curiosity ;)

felipe

I don't have problems with all this, it's just that i didn't try to extend this post more, because i thought that it wasn't the purpose for the forum and i didn't want to break rules of the forum... :t :eusa_boohoo:

LordAdef