Author Topic: A simple problem to solve...  (Read 3183 times)

felipe

• Eagles are just great!
A simple problem to solve...
« on: March 31, 2017, 12:34:58 AM »
Here is a simple problem to solve that i invented, try to figure the correct answer first, later i will put the result:

-In a table (can be a wooden table) are two holes of the same size each one. Next to this holes are four pieces each one of the same size and each one is half the size of each hole. So you can put the pieces that match together to fill by entirety a hole (two pieces that match can fill a hole). Of course this four pieces are all of the same form and size.
#The question is: What's the minimum numer of moves to fill the two holes with this four pieces?
You have to respect this rule: You can't put two pieces at the same time in each hole.

Well if you want to give it a try...Good luck!  :t
Felipe.

caballero

• Matrix - Noah
    • abre ojos ensamblador
Re: A simple problem to solve...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 01:35:17 AM »
mí no comprendaaaa. I guess that some data are missed. If you only move one piece each time, I think that the minimum number of moves are 4, but if you can move more than one piece each time, so the minimum is 2. If they can bounce off the wall, maybe 1 move?

I have another challenge: in one trielo (like a duel with three contestants). They all know the probability of success in shooting the others:

A: 100%
B:  50%
C:  25%

Since all of them are gentlemen, decide the order of shooting: In order starting with the worst shooter.

The question is: What should the C shooter do to maximize his chances of success, ie win the trielo?
The logic of the error is hidden among the most unexpected lines of the program

felipe

• Eagles are just great!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 01:54:27 AM »
Caballero no data missing, but of course there is a little trick.

For your challenge i suppose the C gentleman should shot to A shooter first, so if he fails the shot the B shooter will try to shoot the A shooter to. Now if B fails to, the A shooter will try to shoot to the B shooter of course. Finally will be the next turn of shooter C. The tricky thing i guess i that this C shooter has the same probability again against the A shooter,, so if this time fails he is surely dead.  :icon_rolleyes:
Felipe.

GoneFishing

• Gone fishing
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 02:12:36 AM »
Interesting challenge, caballero

Can't calculate chances of C gentleman mathematically ... but I guess that  the only guaranteed chance not to die in this hazardous game will be to shoot in his own leg and fall like dead thus going out of  competition  :biggrin:

caballero

• Matrix - Noah
    • abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 02:28:06 AM »
No way to get out of competition :)

In fact, no mathematical calculation is necessary, just think a bit ;)

[ahem] or google it :)

GoneFishing

• Gone fishing
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 02:38:14 AM »
No way to get out of competition :)

Why  didn't you say this rule earlier? 
Well, hmm,  than he should kill both A and B with single (super-intelligent ?) bullet  :biggrin:  Why not?

caballero

• Matrix - Noah
    • abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 02:54:00 AM »
ha ha ha. Well I said that all of them were gentleman. I imagine them with an old pistol of fat gunpowder. No room for smart bullets :(

mineiro

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 02:56:28 AM »
They are gentleman, no one will shot on other, so all can survive.

If pieces are above one each other so just one movement.
I'd rather be this ambulant metamorphosis than to have that old opinion about everything

felipe

• Eagles are just great!
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2017, 03:01:39 AM »
I will not google for the answer (i swear). Here it's other interpretation for your challenge:
Because C shooter has the maximum probability to survive (because he it's shootable just in a 25 percent, maybe because he is very tiny and on the contrary A shooter it's really big and fat (100 percent of get a shot)); C just has to move when, first A and then B, they treat to shoot him.  :icon_rolleyes:... :lol:
Felipe.

GoneFishing

• Gone fishing
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2017, 03:09:53 AM »
I guess C should explain in brief Dr Freud's teaching to A and B because all the situation sounds ambiguous 

felipe

• Eagles are just great!
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2017, 03:19:02 AM »
They are gentleman, no one will shot on other, so all can survive.
This is a good answer i guess...  ;)

If pieces are above one each other so just one movement.
This is practically impossible, because just one stroke to put all pieces matching and filling the holes it's unrealistic. But nice try... :biggrin:
Felipe.

caballero

• Matrix - Noah
    • abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2017, 03:20:39 AM »
 :idea:Another possible solution would be to hypnotize his rivals with voluptuous dancers and then shoot as many times as he wanted ... buuuuut then would not be a gentleman, what annoyance :(.

I'll let somebody think for a while. Tomorrow I will give you the answer... or you can google for yourself  :biggrin:

felipe

• Eagles are just great!
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2017, 03:25:55 AM »
mí no comprendaaaa. I guess that some data are missed. If you only move one piece each time, I think that the minimum number of moves are 4, but if you can move more than one piece each time, so the minimum is 2. If they can bounce off the wall, maybe 1 move?
Your reasoning it's good, but you are missing the trick in the question... :t
Felipe.

mineiro

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2017, 03:36:49 AM »
hehehe felipe, virtual reality, but I think about change table instead of pieces.

Well, these problems are hard. Why do you guys don't ask easy things?
because easy problems mineiro can solve hehehe.
I'd rather be this ambulant metamorphosis than to have that old opinion about everything

felipe

• Eagles are just great!
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2017, 03:57:16 AM »
hehehe felipe, virtual reality, but I think about change table instead of pieces.
I understand but fitting the pieces first before putting the table on top would take at least 5 moves... :eusa_snooty:
Felipe.