Author Topic: A simple problem to solve...  (Read 3188 times)

caballero

• Matrix - Noah
    • abre ojos ensamblador
Re: A simple problem to solve...
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2017, 05:39:51 PM »
The best choice for player C is shooting the air, to fail.

Both, B and C would like to kill A because is lethal. In the other hand, neither A nor B are worried about C, because it is the least of their problems.

- If C kills B, the turn runs to A and C is dead. Bad choice.
- If C kills A, the turns runs to B, is not as lethal as A, but kills 1 out of 2 times. Worrying.

Hence C shoots to fail. The turn runs to the shooter B, that won't shoot C because the turn will run to A and B will be dead.

- B kills A. The better possibility. The turn runs to C, than only has the half of possibilities to kill the other, but starting the first.
- B fails killing A. The turn runs to A and B is dead. Now there are only A and C, but the turn is for C, it has 1/4 of possibilities to win.

I guess that if we don't know how is the table, it may be prepared in any way for in only one move the four pieces fit in each hole.
The logic of the error is hidden among the most unexpected lines of the program

felipe

• Eagles are just great!
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2017, 12:58:36 AM »
Caballero that was a great challenge! Here is the solution for the one i post:
The rule say:
"You can't put two pieces at the same time in each hole." But doesn't mean we can't put one pieces in each hole at the same time... :redface:. So we can take two pieces (one in the left hand and the other in the right hand) and put this pieces in each hole at the same time (one move), then we repeat the same operation (two moves)...  8)
Felipe.

anunitu

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2017, 03:11:20 AM »
the 25 percent shooter,being a gentleman would allow both the others to shoot at each other first. Waiting patiently for his turn to shoot the survivor. 

mineiro

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2017, 03:16:34 AM »
cool answers
This is a simple math problem.
What's the quickest way to multiply any number by 5?
I'd rather be this ambulant metamorphosis than to have that old opinion about everything

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2017, 03:52:05 AM »
What's the quickest way to multiply any number by 5?

It depends. Using a pocket calculator can be pretty fast, but with simpler numbers, divide by 2 and add a zero might beat it ;)

mineiro

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2017, 06:20:42 AM »
yes sir jj;
Flawless Victory.
I'd rather be this ambulant metamorphosis than to have that old opinion about everything

anunitu

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2017, 06:54:05 AM »
Though it is probably not this book. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2902376-rapid-math-tricks-tips,there was a book I read as a kid that had all these short cuts to working with numbers. I have forgotten most(Use it or lose it),but the tricks are good for mental math.