News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

About Windows updates...

Started by felipe, April 04, 2017, 12:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

felipe

I use my computer to do assembly programming and a little of internet. I choosed disable the Windows updates, but since i use Masm32 sdk i was wondering if this is a good or bad idea. What do you say about this: It's better to enable or disable the Windows updates?  :redface:

jj2007

I am tempted very often to disable them, but logic tells me that
- there is a reason why Windows needs updating (bugs, security issues)
- there are hundreds of Millions of Windows users with automating updating enabled: if there was a serious problem with it, we would certainly see it in the newspapers.

My 2cts.

anta40

Reminds me of this classic joke

I never disable Windows updates. Maybe I'm too optimistic  :redface:

hutch--

On XP I would not allow updates, turned the driver off to make sure it would not sneak anything through. Win7 64 was well behaved and let you select the updates where Win 10 64 is a genuine pain. It also auto changes your setting nearly every time it is run. The number of times it has reset my display setting to 20 minutes has nearly driven me NUTZ !

On the bright side, the back end of Win10 has been very robust so far. Fascinating that you have to pay for someone elses BETA software.

Yuri

Quote from: jj2007 on April 04, 2017, 05:17:22 PM
- there is a reason why Windows needs updating (bugs, security issues)
Bugs and security issues should be up to date. :icon_cool:

jj2007

Quote from: hutch-- on April 04, 2017, 08:12:44 PMFascinating that you have to pay for someone elses BETA software.

It's called banana marketing: the product ripens on the client's premises ;)