Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Re: HJWasm 2.28 release

Started by nidud, April 23, 2017, 08:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TWell

Quote from: jj2007 on April 24, 2017, 02:45:26 AM
Jokes apart: How do HJWasm & AsmC perform when compiled with GCC?
gcc 6 version of HJWasm64 was not good, test yourself.

jj2007

Quote from: TWell on April 24, 2017, 06:24:30 PMgcc 6 version of HJWasm64 was not good, test yourself.

Has quite a number of errors, for example:
include \masm32\include\masm32rt.inc ; plain Masm32 for the fans of pure assembler

.code
start: MsgBox 0, "Hello World", "Test", MB_OK
.if al==127
nop    ; OK
.endif
.if al==128
nop    ; chokes with Error A2048: Operands must be the same size: 1 - 4
.endif
exit

end start

OPT_Assembler hjwasm64gcc6

guga

QuoteYou seem to be very concerned with infringement of the MS license but they are not the one who holds the copyright of (J)WASM

Of course not  :P. I couldn´t care less about MicroShit crap :bgrin: :bgrin: :bgrin:

What i was worried is that you were confusing a few things about the permission of usage and distribute masm 32 sdk package from Steve. I´m totally in pro of the concept of Open Source community in general , but i can´t be blind to understand that it can have problems caused by bad intention people who are stealing others people work.

And...sure..we have to say thanks that M$ don´t own HJWasm. We don´t need more tons of pile of M$ crap being spread all over the place :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:
Coding in Assembly requires a mix of:
80% of brain, passion, intuition, creativity
10% of programming skills
10% of alcoholic levels in your blood.

My Code Sites:
http://rosasm.freeforums.org
http://winasm.tripod.com

johnsa

Compiling HJWASM with GCC can be a pain, It took me many goes to find the right set of compiler options / command line settings to get it to work (for Linux and OSX.. both using GCC).
I don't use GCC on the PC.. and I probably wouldn't bother personally..

for reference however here are the compiler options for linux and osx gcc:

-DNDEBUG -O2 -ansi -funsigned-char -fwritable-strings

johnsa

Can someone point me to a MS license for VC++ / Visual Studio that would indicate creation of open source products would be prohibited ?
I can find no mention of this in any of their licensing options, also given MS themselves are now creating a lot of open source content using their own tools.

jj2007

Quote from: johnsa on April 24, 2017, 08:01:04 PM
Can someone point me to a MS license for VC++ / Visual Studio that would indicate creation of open source products would be prohibited ?

Nidud posted that above, maybe he can clarify. Probably just a misinterpretation, but since C is portable, keeping the GCC option would be an advantage anyway.

Re GCC: Which version are you using?

the fastest gcc 4.6.3 results show an average 20% improvement over gcc 3.4.2

There is a nice comparison of compilers table here. It shows that Intel beats them all, but GCC beats M$.

aw27

Quote from: jj2007 on April 24, 2017, 08:10:51 PM
Re GCC: Which version are you using?
the fastest gcc 4.6.3 results show an average 20% improvement over gcc 3.4.2

This was the last I tried. I am not aware if more recent versions suck less or not.

jj2007

It seems Clang beats them all now, see SOF: Clang vs GCC - which produces better binaries?, first answer says about 20% (!) faster.

aw27

Quote from: jj2007 on April 24, 2017, 08:32:18 PM
It seems Clang beats them all now,

Thank you, but I will pass for now, it is always a pain to make these tools work on Windows.

hutch--

:biggrin:

After reading a couple of the posts I well know why I prefer to write assembler.  :P

jj2007

Hey, why are you complaining? C is portable, isn't it :badgrin:

hutch--

Yeah,

You can port it from one C compiler to another if you take long enough.  :P

johnsa

Quote from: hutch-- on April 25, 2017, 12:11:24 AM
Yeah,

You can port it from one C compiler to another if you take long enough.  :P

Concur with this! haha.. sometimes C can be the least portable thing possible! A lot can depend on the degree of standard compliance of the compiler itself, which feature set you're using C99 etc and then a bunch of esoteric switches on the compiler..

nidud

deleted

mineiro

Quote from: nidud on April 25, 2017, 12:47:42 AM
In the end everybody ends up using the same uniform, same menu, same crappy burger and coffee on every street corner. But hey, we are still able to choose between Pepsi and Coke, neo-liberals and neo-cons right? The sweet taste of freedom.  :lol:
ce "the entire original project is lost".
hello sir nidud;
on 198? I read a book called (raw translation) "Cultural invasion from USA"("Invasão Cultural Norte-Americana"), and that was a bit strange, that book say that we will have "hamburguer" on our dictionary you know, well, today we have "download" and "upload" on brasilian portuguese dictionary. On shadows, cultural marxism have influence on our teachers, our Universities, our metaculture, so, misrepresented Marx story thing... .
I agree with you, sir johnsa and sir habran should define whats good and whats bad to their own program.
I'd rather be this ambulant metamorphosis than to have that old opinion about everything