Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

my 100% Assembly game development

Started by LordAdef, May 01, 2017, 03:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

Alex,

Works fine here. Is the artillery when you press the space bar ?

Siekmanski

Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

LordAdef

Quote from: hutch-- on May 16, 2017, 07:32:28 PM
Alex,

Works fine here. Is the artillery when you press the space bar ?

I mean something like tanks, that will shoot back. Using the same code as subs, but static on land.

Then I have those river patrols as the original game, although I'm far away from the original River Raid, I'm trying to stick to some of the original features.

I'll add constructions later on, something like bridges..

jj2007

Quote from: LordAdef on May 16, 2017, 06:27:40 PM
We are getting there... Now artillery.

Works fine, but I couldn't sink the ship :(

HSE

Hi Alex!

Subs travel across terrain!!
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

anunitu

I always loved that game,"River raid",was one of my favorites on the C64....

Also this game,"Raptor,call of the shadows"

LordAdef

QuoteWorks fine, but I couldn't sink the ship :(

QuoteSubs travel across terrain!!

These bastards, we must teach them everything!

LordAdef

QuoteI always loved that game,"River raid",was one of my favorites on the C64....

Me too!

LordAdef

Hi guys,

Busy week at work and couldn´t progress much in the game.

I´ve implemented artillery though (tanks). Now it´s time to 1) create macros to place the actors in game 2) clean the mess

Exe attached.

Please let me know if it works ok.

ps: Good news: I might already have 2 blokes on board to do graphics and soundtrack!

Cheers
Alex

hutch--

:biggrin:

Put a volume control on the sound track, DOOM used to drive me NUTZ with the noise so I always turned the noise either down or OFF.  :P

jj2007

Quote from: LordAdef on May 30, 2017, 05:13:09 AMPlease let me know if it works ok.

It works fine, but I am a bit worried about my plane: It seems immune against all kind of attacks ::)

Siekmanski

Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

LordAdef

Quote from: hutch-- on May 30, 2017, 09:19:26 PM
:biggrin:

Put a volume control on the sound track, DOOM used to drive me NUTZ with the noise so I always turned the noise either down or OFF.  :P

Sure!

I am going to be using Marinus audio library for the game!!!!

LordAdef

Quote from: jj2007 on May 30, 2017, 09:40:16 PM
Quote from: LordAdef on May 30, 2017, 05:13:09 AMPlease let me know if it works ok.

It works fine, but I am a bit worried about my plane: It seems immune against all kind of attacks ::)

I'm leaving collision detection for later on  :eusa_dance:

LordAdef

Hi,

In order to populate the maps I built a couple of macros. It made life a lot easier.
So I tested the limits and filled the map with items so to taste the waters. I´m glad I did, I realized I undersized my arrays and also spot 1 bug related to a sdword. Easy stuff. The code is rather consistent.

I´m a bit worried about the excessive use of these macros though. It takes a lot to fill a single map. Although I´m not worried about the exe size, I wonder if cache may be compromised somehow.

Anyway, Here is a version with badguys spawning all over the map 1. Collision Detection is off so you can fly over terrain too (this is how I spot the bug).

I loved doing this step. I gives me a lot of ideas for game playing and designing. This may in fact become a fun game to play.
BTW, comments and suggesting are very well welcomed
Cheers
Alex