News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

my 100% Assembly game development

Started by LordAdef, May 01, 2017, 03:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siekmanski

Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

LordAdef

Oh god... time to stop and clean the house.. Thanks Marinus, I wanted you to see the Gauge in action

edit to add: I think I got it... Would you guys try and see what happens? CONTROL_test2 (someone downloaded it but I changed it again)

daydreamer

my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

LordAdef

Bugs sorted out. At least it's running on Win10.
Post it later today.

LordAdef

Quote from: daydreamer2 on January 22, 2018, 08:46:10 PM
cool thread

Thanks for hanging out DDreamer!

The main reason I'm keeping this as a journal is to serve as a guide for newbies like me, who may het something good out of this project of mine. The more gurus around the better.

LordAdef

So, This is a working version, tested on my win7 and win10. hopefully it will also work in win8.

It shows the Fuel gauge with a working needle (still visually awful though). As I mentioned, it uses Marinus´FPU code.
It also shows the beginning of what will become a minimap control.

Please let me know guys, please.
Fingers crossed for win8!

ps: I´m amazed I could even run it in win7...... I made a series of bad mistakes, including an out of boundery byte manipulation, and not preserving EDI. These were the main issues there

jj2007

mabdelouahab

Works well in win 8.1, :t
but the same funny font appears. :(

LordAdef

Quote from: mabdelouahab on January 23, 2018, 04:38:53 PM
Works well in win 8.1, :t
but the same funny font appears. :(

Yeeeees, great news mabdelouahab!!

The computer I´ve been working with these days doesn´t have Olly installed. I still need to check this out.

But I´m not too concern since all these fonts are only for development. They will all be replaced by graphics and controls, like what I just did with the fuel gauge.

It will be a pleasure if you stick around and follow up. Cheers Alex

mabdelouahab

LordAdef
The same Font appeared when I tried the game at Win 7 X64 Arabic, I think the problem is in Microsoft Windows Arabic version

Siekmanski

Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

daydreamer

suggestion to better game Graphics,prerendered 3d guntowers,ships,airplanes
here is an example
my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

LordAdef

Quote from: daydreamer on February 09, 2018, 05:26:58 AM
suggestion to better game Graphics,prerendered 3d guntowers,ships,airplanes
here is an example

Thanks for that Dreamer, is that yours?

This game is supposed to be top down 2d, and the current art is solely for development. I`ll have someone to make all the graphics for me.

I already have an idea for a new game, but it still cooking. Meanwhile, I´m trying to stick to this one and polish, repolish and eventually I may take some of its code into the next one.

daydreamer

its mine
there are ways to make it more 3dfeeling with drawing first shadows of planes with some offset Before drawing planes,easiest is to design the new game like old starcraft and other games using isometric view and shadows that that are offset on flying objects

my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
Like SIMD coding

LordAdef

Hi,

This is a nice update I was anxious to get running. v8.18

1. Bullets don´t fly over terrain anymore
2. Array optimizations
3. MiniMap working and marking player´s position (although still very temporarily, using masm32 circle)
4. AND the main stuff: I got rid of the ascII map style and am writing a new engine.   Still "free jazz code" (meaning not optimized at all). But this new engine will allow for many new game stuff:

This is Forest/river terrain low res jpg:

I hope you guys like it and the Win10 doesn´t shout bug.