Number of Static: 111

UnrollBK in
UnrollBK on
CreateMiniMap
WM==Create end **********************
gameloop is ready

I see, you too! ok thanks JJ

LordAdef

I'm so happy to see new friends involved in game dev here!

Since I'm not posting about my own game as frequently as usual, this is a quick update:

. Currently cleaning code and expanding things I did in a rough way only to make it work (free jazz code style !)
. Tackling on the Bug and To do list itens, it's a big list.
. Adding new systems to the game, so everything is ready for when things get larger
. I've got some people doing the game art. They are currently working on the flying assets
. Game pitch.
. Level 1 overall design. What we have today is just for development.
. The plan is to make a medium size game

A lot of work lads!

Lonewolff

Certainly is a huge amount of work.

Huge amount of work in any language, let alone in ASM. Great work dude!  :t

daydreamer

great work, I just wonder what size you mean by mediumsize?
and you are like a marathon runner, keep working on same project for months+ a year :t
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

LordAdef

Quote from: daydreamer on April 25, 2018, 12:54:53 AM
great work, I just wonder what size you mean by mediumsize?
and you are like a marathon runner, keep working on same project for months+ a year :t

That's the plan. For a small game I already could've finished it, since the game rules are all there.

But this game is how I'm learning asm. The idea evolved into something bigger but doable. And by keeping working on the same project, I'm using new and different aspects of asm I didn't know before. So I'm quite happy to be working on this game for another year and have a nice and polished semi-pro finish product.

I've joined masm32 about a year ago without any knowledge of asm. All I learned I learned here with the help of these great guys. That's the story, and the story of this game

LordAdef

Hey lads!

I'm super excited to share with you the next build version of my game!
I've been quietly working on it all these past weeks, cleaned up a lot of stuff and coding new stuff. I am currently working on the terrain engine system and it is so cool, and full of possibilities!

The game is already playable, the logic and systems are already there (the basic playing stuff, at least). I'm holding development and am not jumping onto the next thing until my base is fully robust and solid.

I wonder:

I have this build version I want to share for you to test it. But I'm using large images, and a 1920/1080 screen size (non resizable yet).
This is all for testing payload and so forth..

Would you mind if I posted a dropbox link for you to download it (11.5 mb)?

jj2007

Quote from: LordAdef on May 12, 2018, 11:13:25 AM

Hi Alex,
Posting a link is certainly not a problem, but my screen resolution is 1366x768 :(

felipe

:biggrin: I still remember my first laptop: a hp workstation with a resolution screen of 1920 x 1200: the nw9440. It was heavy and the nvidia graphics card was mainly for design (not to play games :bgrin:). But was really a die hard  :icon14:. Now, even my desktop pc has a less screen resolution: 1280x1024.  :(

Siekmanski

Hi Alex,

My monitor can handle 1920 * 1080.
Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

LordAdef

Quote from: jj2007 on May 12, 2018, 01:40:18 PM
Quote from: LordAdef on May 12, 2018, 11:13:25 AM

Hi Alex,
Posting a link is certainly not a problem, but my screen resolution is 1366x768 :(

Hey Jochen, no problems. I will disable everything, so one can hit 1 and watch the scrolling animation with the new engine that I'm building. It's fine even if you miss the bottom of the screen. It's only a test build anyway.

LordAdef

Quote from: felipe on May 12, 2018, 02:03:55 PM
:biggrin: I still remember my first laptop: a hp workstation with a resolution screen of 1920 x 1200: the nw9440. It was heavy and the nvidia graphics card was mainly for design (not to play games :bgrin: ). But was really a die hard  :icon14: . Now, even my desktop pc has a less screen resolution: 1280x1024.  :(

I see. But bare in mind that today's gamers play at 1920/1080 as a normal gaming resolution. That's why i am targeting this resolution as the main one. I am also using bigger images so I can test the hit in the system.

this way, if I can make it run reasonably smoothly with cpu processing, I know I'm good when I port it to Marinus's  D9D!

Well, at least this has always been the plan :eusa_dance:

LordAdef

Quote from: Siekmanski on May 12, 2018, 02:34:38 PM
Hi Alex,

My monitor can handle 1920 * 1080.

Great! I need to make it work with win7 (I've been a lazy bastard and still didn't bother to move it to a win7 puter). Doint it asap

daydreamer

Quote from: LordAdef on May 12, 2018, 02:44:53 PM
I see. But bare in mind that today's gamers play at 1920/1080 as a normal gaming resolution. That's why i am targeting this resolution as the main one. I am also using bigger images so I can test the hit in the system.
I have external monitor that can handle that,unfortunatly when I connected it to HDMI ,it failed to work :(
as long as you keep your game as window it can be dragged to secondary monitor,once you make it fullscreen you cant

would be cool if you ported it to Xbox One,ps4 that is capable o running at 1920x1080 HDtv resolution,its x86/x64 hardware under the hood

I have one old XP box, thats capable of 1920x1080,but I don't know if its capable of running your game,because I dont know if you use the latest SIMD opcodes?
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

felipe

But bare in mind that today's gamers play at 1920/1080 as a normal gaming resolution.
Sorry, i don't program for any gamer around.  :idea:

when I port it to Marinus's  D9D!
What is d9d?  :idea:

felipe

Quote from: felipe on May 13, 2018, 12:48:37 PM
when I port it to Marinus's  D9D!
What is d9d?  :idea:

Is d3d. Or Direct3D. In the case of the great contribution of Siekmanski, is the version 9.  :idea:

:redface:

:biggrin: