News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

my 100% Assembly game development

Started by LordAdef, May 01, 2017, 03:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daydreamer

do you use kinda like gimp outputting your sprite data in .C for your data files?just curious
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

LordAdef

Quote from: daydreamer on September 30, 2018, 12:03:10 AM
do you use kinda like gimp outputting your sprite data in .C for your data files?just curious
Hi DayDreamer, I'm not sure if I understand your question.
As of now, I am creating the sprite files by hand, and loading them dynamically by code.
There are some nice free apps that create a Atlas of image for games, to save loading time (and to keep memory access tight). I might be going in this direction once a tackle and refine my loading system.

These Atlas files come with a coordinate system for every asset and outputs a data file. Is that what you mean?

aw27

daydreamer

Quote from: LordAdef on October 24, 2018, 05:53:04 AM
As of now, I am creating the sprite files by hand, and loading them dynamically by code.
There are some nice free apps that create a Atlas of image for games, to save loading time (and to keep memory access tight). I might be going in this direction once a tackle and refine my loading system.

These Atlas files come with a coordinate system for every asset and outputs a data file. Is that what you mean?
thanks,I Think prerender lots of art kind of avatarsize and take advantage of keyframes and animate for example rotating 360 degrees and choose output lots of .bmp's and maybe export to  .C data maybe could save me type in lots of data in sprites.inc manually but I found out qeditor function load file as hex should be better alternative
but I Think try to import them into atlas file would be better idea,what app are you using for atlas image?
PS
do you literally mean by hand and scan in like they did with old games like phantasy star II intro scene,its a handdrawn sketch scanned in and change colors?
my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

LordAdef

Quote from: daydreamer on October 28, 2018, 12:30:57 AM
Quote from: LordAdef on October 24, 2018, 05:53:04 AM

thanks,I Think prerender lots of art kind of avatarsize and take advantage of keyframes and animate for example rotating 360 degrees and choose output lots of .bmp's and maybe export to  .C data maybe could save me type in lots of data in sprites.inc manually but I found out qeditor function load file as hex should be better alternative
but I Think try to import them into atlas file would be better idea,what app are you using for atlas image?
PS
do you literally mean by hand and scan in like they did with old games like phantasy star II intro scene,its a handdrawn sketch scanned in and change colors?

Hi!

By hand I mean making the sprite sheet of Assets myself, copying / pasting each frame alongside each other. Since my current assets are all for development only, it's fine.

I'm using any transform in code. I might eventually have to do it... rotation and so forth.

concerning the Atlas program, I let you know the one I'm using and the ones I found (away from the puter)

LordAdef

anunitu

was wondering how this was getting along.

daydreamer

Quote from: LordAdef on October 29, 2018, 04:59:01 PM

concerning the Atlas program, I let you know the one I'm using and the ones I found (away from the puter)
I think it would be great idea to convert the final atlas image to one or several .dds ,several .dds to older gfx cards
my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
Like SIMD coding