Author Topic: Nice place  (Read 116 times)

fylux

Nice place
« on: November 16, 2017, 09:54:18 AM »
Hi everybody!

I recently found this forum and I am very impressed.

I'm a computer scientist who is quite interested in performance engineering. In my free time I like to make benchmarks and analyze how much can I optimize my code in a given architecure. Unfortunately I'm not proficient with assembly but I hope that I will learn more although probably never so much to be able to do some things that I've seen in the forum.

felipe

• assemble the unassembled.
Re: Nice place
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 10:59:45 AM »
Welcome to the forum fylux.
 :t

I will learn more although probably never so much to be able to do some things that I've seen in the forum.

You never know once time i said i will never get married and...
 :lol:
Felipe.

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 04:07:17 PM »
Hi fylux,

If you are into performance, you are in the right place. x86/x64 assembler takes a while to get the swing of it but it has the legs where it matters. You have the traditional integer instructions which are flexible and can do a massive range of things and you have the later instructions that are narrower in their application but much faster in what they will do. If you are using a C compiler in either 32 or 64 bit you can generally make assembler modules that do the fast stuff and link them into your C code but the assembler can also do full EXE/DLL files once you are practised at doing it.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin:

fylux

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 10:18:53 PM »
Thank you very much for the welcome!

Actually, I am going to ask my first question in this forum in a few minutes.