Author Topic: Beware, I made 69 today.  (Read 1472 times)

HSE

• <AMD>< 7-32>
Re: Beware, I made 69 today.
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2017, 06:49:33 AM »
69? Are you sure??

Sounds younger :t

felipe

• I love assembly language programming.
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2017, 08:09:15 AM »
(the title is slightly misleading, though - "to make 69" has an entirely different meaning in other circumstances :icon_redface:)

I have to admit that it was the first i thought   :icon_exclaim:
:lol:
Felipe.

felipe

• I love assembly language programming.
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2017, 08:11:14 AM »
Getting old is not for the faint of heart.

:lol:

:icon14:
Felipe.

Biterider

• ObjAsm32
    • ObjAsm32
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2017, 02:48:09 PM »
Happy birthday, Hutch and thanks for all your support!  8)

Biterider

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2017, 05:11:35 PM »
 :biggrin:

Seems 50 is the turn over, before that you may worry about growing older but once you make it over 50 the score works for you and every year you get past that you get a laugh out of it. The only real trick is to look after yourself, eat properly and get enough sleep. I have seen people much younger than me just give up, grow old fast and clap out long before their time. I intend to live to 150 and while there is a good chance that I won't make it, at least I should be potty enough not to care.  :P
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin:

K_F

• Anybody out there?
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

shankle

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2017, 10:49:29 PM »
Many more happy birthdays Hutch.
1 more year and you will reach the golden years.
Although I never will understand who came up with
the ridiculous idea!
The only outings I get now are visiting Doctors :biggrin:

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2017, 12:02:05 AM »
I think you may have a few years start on me Jack, I have a deal with my GP, I try to be his worst customer and he agrees with the idea. Problem is I am disgustingly healthy for my age and while I have a few aches and pains, I have had those for years so its not a big deal.
hutch at movsd dot com

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2017, 03:48:11 AM »
I developed IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome - no known causes and no known remedies !!) in these later years.

I had one incident when I thought I had an appendix problem so wife an I ran to the hospital at 03:00.
Doctors and Nurses were all suspicous...

Are you in pain - Damm sure but I hide it well, but i did have the shakes!
After blood pressure was found sky high - Ohhh you must be in pain - Well I did tell you  :icon_rolleyes:
I told them PAIN KILLERs (stops the spasm) and it goes away after and hour, so they gave me panado on a drip - I could have blasted them.

I think they thought I was a druggie.. eventually my blood samples arrive 3 hours later.
Silly doctor 'Your blood is abnormally normal'...
Turned to the wife and said 'Let's get out of here before they kill me'.
You should have seen their faces - we laughed on the way home.

Wife and I eventually solved the IBS thing... White bread, white flour/pastry.
As Steve says.. good healthy food... very little junk food.. and a good bottle of aviation juice... live to 800.  :t

'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

coder

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2017, 04:23:35 AM »
Best wishes from me. You've done humanity good for many years of your life. Congratulations!
Stay grumpish, old man! :D

anunitu

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2017, 09:17:47 AM »
I developed IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome - no known causes and no known remedies !!) in these later years.

I had one incident when I thought I had an appendix problem so wife an I ran to the hospital at 03:00.
Doctors and Nurses were all suspicous...

Are you in pain - Damm sure but I hide it well, but i did have the shakes!
After blood pressure was found sky high - Ohhh you must be in pain - Well I did tell you  :icon_rolleyes:
I told them PAIN KILLERs (stops the spasm) and it goes away after and hour, so they gave me panado on a drip - I could have blasted them.

I think they thought I was a druggie.. eventually my blood samples arrive 3 hours later.
Silly doctor 'Your blood is abnormally normal'...
Turned to the wife and said 'Let's get out of here before they kill me'.
You should have seen their faces - we laughed on the way home.

Wife and I eventually solved the IBS thing... White bread, white flour/pastry.
As Steve says.. good healthy food... very little junk food.. and a good bottle of aviation juice... live to 800.  :t

Have had a little experience with IBS,yeh your stomach does get a bit sensitive as you age. And if you let them the Docs will stick you with 20 pills some of them to stop the side effects from the first ones. I am doing just fine with generic tylonal for the aches.

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2017, 09:39:31 AM »
I think digestive problems follow from getting older, I have a share of friends who are getting on a bit who make similar comments. I have always had a digestive system built for the stone age and generally have to eat very plain things but on the bright side, I refuse to eat nutrition reduced food, if it ain't fattening, I don't want it. If you only eat real food your body tells you when you have had enough so the trick is to eat anything you like but don't eat too much of it.

The other trick is to never give up, I had a friend of mine, the tailor in my local shopping centre who is about my age and I tried to talk him out of retiring but his wife insisted and he sold the shop and last I heard he was looking after his grand kids. The best way to put someone into a coffin is to make them useless.
hutch at movsd dot com

caballero

• Abre Ojos Ensamblador
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2017, 06:36:31 PM »
Yeah, I think much the same. It has always been thought that you have to do at least three meals a day and that cow's milk is good because it brings a lot of calcium. Since I read "the prodigious enzyme", by Shinya Hiromi, has greatly changed my thinking. Especially as far as milk is concerned. Human dna has not varied practically since the Stone Age, however our eating habits do. The human body is designed to eat little and save the surplus for when it is scarce, which was most of the time. Today we eat a lot more than the body needs, and our system continues to store it if we go through times of scarcity. Consequently our cells are left with accumulated food in degradation.

In short, our body is designed for containment, our mind is not.

I believe that certain religions traditions are based on ancient experiences to avoid certain diseases. The ban on eating pork to avoid trichinosis, circumcision to avoid phimosis in arid zones. And yes, fasting to renew the body.
En un lugar de la Mancha de cuyo nombre no quiero acordarme

Siekmanski

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2017, 09:13:46 PM »
I believe that certain religions traditions are based on ancient experiences to avoid certain diseases. The ban on eating pork to avoid trichinosis, circumcision to avoid phimosis in arid zones. And yes, fasting to renew the body.

Beware, you can become very aggressive, ignorant and stupid.  :badgrin:

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2017, 10:23:14 PM »
Strangely enough that idea has truly ancient origins, the indigenous people of Australia over a period of something like 50 thousand years developed secret rituals related to survival, finding water and a whole host of other practical things which eventually became a ritualistic form of religion. Many religious observances came out of practical origins. If you looked at pork in the middle east 2 to 3 thousand years ago, you would understand why it was seen as unclean and made into a ritual.  There is a disease in New Guinea that the local people call "pig belly" which is a disease caught from wild pigs that are not cooked enough.
hutch at movsd dot com